Chicken Thigh Confit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Reactions: TNJAKE
OK just realized need Duck Fat and that stuff kinda of pricey for me.
How did this not make the carousel? Must be giving other people a chance. :emoji_wink: . I bought some nice hand cut thighs from Market Street and can't decide to try this or grill them?
To do the confit style you do not have to use duck fat. You can even use olive oil. Just need the meat swimming in fat. Takes far less sous vide style than in a pot. Keep in mind you can recover most of the duck fat by defatting the juice from the sous vide pouch. I recovered most and froze to use in smaller amounts in the future to use in sautéing / frying and roasting other things.

A friend tried this recipe yesterday and the his seal failed losing all his fat. I would of cried. I double seal everything that goes in the Sous Vide.

A friend tried this recipe yesterday and the his seal failed losing all his fat. I would of cried. I double seal everything that goes in the Sous Vide.
I actually did this one with a single seal. I did use a double bag on my jerk style for this.

Not sure how much fat to use for this? I thought about maybe using this just for a practice round before using the duck fat. Probably be doing 4 thighs.

jjj.jpg

I picked up my favorite hand cut thighs from Market Street to use for this. Guess just go with the Duct Fat.
Save the used fat and freeze in cubes. They say great to break out for cooking veggies and other things

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky