Chicken Taco Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlloyd99

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 13, 2006
Chillicothe MO
It seems that I am always in need of a new way to use leftover chicken after we've smoked a couple. Here is my recip for Chicken Taco Soup, it can also be made with beef.

1 lb. smoked, chopped chicken meat (or ground beef/turkey/roast/etc.)
Med. onion, chopped
1 can chili beans
1 can pinto or black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn
1 can Rotel
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 package taco seasoning
2 c. water

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and simmer on low for 8 hrs (minimum 2 on high setting) I like to throw this together before heading off to work and when I come home it's waiting for me. Serve with corn chips, sour cream, and cheese.

Lady J, your timing is perfect! I have a half of a smoked chicken in the freezer (if cooked/smoked leftovers are in the freezer, the boys won't eat it :twisted: ). The weather around here the past couple of days has been perfect 'soup' weather.
I used the other half of the smoked chicken for your Chicken Enchilada Casserole that my two oldest daughters RAVED about and they now have copies of your recipe in their collection. I sure the Chicken Taco Soup will wind up there as well. :D

Yes it is very good!!! Lady J and i went camping last weekend, and invited my parents over for supper and everyone loved the taco soup. It is so full of flavor and so delicious!!! Every one should give it a try.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky