• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chicken Parmesan

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Most folks make chicken parm with the breast of a chicken, I always use thighs. I skinned and deboned eight nice sized thighs, then one by one I placed the thighs in a gallon ziploc bag and flattened them out with the smooth side of a meat mallet
DSCN1640.JPG

After a good beating I dipped the flattened thighs in scrambled egg wash and bread crumbs
DSCN1641.JPG

I heated up a large pan with straight olive oil and gave the battered thighs a light fry, about 3-4 minutes a side
DSCN1642.JPG

On each thigh I spooned on a couple of large tablespoons of rich tomato sauce, then a couple of thick slices of mozzarella cheese
DSCN1643.JPG

Put the pan in a oven pre-heated to 350º for 20 minutes, remove the pan, plate up with favorite sides, monja time
DSCN1644.JPG

It's a meal that takes a little time and effort to assemble, but when finished is always a crowd pleaser. I vac-seal the leftovers for when we go camping, zap them in the microwave and slap them on a bun just like a burger, quick and easy, yummy fo the yummy! Thanks for looking. RAY

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Ray that looks great!! That is something I have never had,will have to give that a try. Likes
Richie
Thanks for the idea

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Looks good Ray, My wife and I stopped cooking with oil as much as possible. So I've been making this and chicken fried steaks on the kettle.

Point for sure
Chris

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Ray that looks really good! I agree with the use of the thighs they are so much better in my opinion! In the fall while squirrel hunting I can usually find a whole mess of puff ball mushrooms. I slice them up into thick slabs and do this exact thing. They are awesome that way. Nice job!

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Ray that looks great!! That is something I have never had,will have to give that a try. Likes Richie
Thanks for the idea
It's a straight forward process Richie, easy to make and hard to go wrong. Thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

SHR, Looks scrumptious!
Thank you for the Like crazymoon crazymoon , I truly do appreciate it. RAY

Looks good Ray, My wife and I stopped cooking with oil as much as possible. So I've been making this and chicken fried steaks on the kettle. Point for sure Chris
I keep thinking the oil might help lubricate my old bones a bit Chris, got to admit, doesn't seem to be working real well. Thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Looks fantastic!
Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Ray that looks really good! I agree with the use of the thighs they are so much better in my opinion! In the fall while squirrel hunting I can usually find a whole mess of puff ball mushrooms. I slice them up into thick slabs and do this exact thing. They are awesome that way. Nice job!
I've got a Hungarian friend who's mama makes the best squirrel stew on the planet Travis, sometimes she'll throw a couple of bunny rabbits into the pot too. Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Ray awesome looking meal sir! Love chicken parm!
It's a big favorite here, my wife's a picky eater. Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Man that looks good Ray! Well worth the effort in the end I am sure. I would down a couple plates!
I figure if I can make something my wife always seem to order in a restaurant when we go out it's worth whatever time and effort it takes me John. Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Joined Oct 18, 2017
I've got a Hungarian friend who's mama makes the best squirrel stew on the planet Travis, sometimes she'll throw a couple of bunny rabbits into the pot too. Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY
Nothing wrong with that! I did a lot of rabbit hunting growing up . ive had several beagles over the years. Something I always enjoyed doing. Coyotes and hawks have got our rabbit counts way down so not like it used to be. I raised domestic rabbits for a while too and I need to start back up. Domestic rabbit is really good meat and a really healthy protein. It was fun raising them.

Attachments

GATOR240

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 15, 2017
Awesome job Ray. I like your idea of using the thighs, as I never cared much for the breast meat. LIKE

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
That Looks Awesome, Ray!!!
Mighty Tasty!
I'd have to use Boneless, Skinless Thighs---Too much work for Me!!!
But What a Great Idea & Meal !!
And I know Mrs Bear would Love it !!!
Like.

Bear

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
That is awesome plate! Mouthwatering.... Like!
Thanks Push, might have it again for dinner tonight. Thanks for the Like too, much appreciated! RAY

Awesome job Ray. I like your idea of using the thighs, as I never cared much for the breast meat. LIKE
Same here Denny, seems breast meat costs more and is dry. Thank you for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

That Looks Awesome, Ray!!! Mighty Tasty! I'd have to use Boneless, Skinless Thighs---Too much work for Me!!! But What a Great Idea & Meal !! And I know Mrs Bear would Love it !!! Like. Bear
I'm kind of a tightwad in the kitchen Bear. I figure a butchers time is worth more than mine so I'll do the work and pocket the savings. The asparagus and chicken thighs were both sale for 88¢ a pound, I stocked up and this was pretty darned cheap to pull off! Thanks for the Like Bear, much appreciated. RAY

Looks Great I like Thighs too Nice Job
Gary

Best part of a yardbird Gary, about all I ever buy anymore. Thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

Great meal !
Thanks Rich, anytime I can make a dinner that makes my wife Jan happy is worth the effort. Of course she seems to like the things that take the most time to prepare, I figure that's just part of her charm! Thanks for the Like too Rich, I do appreciate it. RAY

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.