Chicken Paprikash soup and Langos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I had a whole chicken that I had other plans for that I needed to use up. Tossed it in the instant pot yesterday. Picked it clean and saved the broth. Decided on doing a chicken paprikash soup and a keto version of Hungarian Langos. Langos is apparently a very popular fried bread in Hungary. My keto Langos is deep fried fathead dough with sour cream and cheddar which I read is how they serve it as street food.
4E3A959B-7C39-473E-8346-12895D524830.jpeg
A229FF2A-7BA0-4265-BD8E-004438E00451.jpeg
Went nicely with the soup.

Man that looks like taste of home, comfort food! But you do know I would try to dip that bread in the soup and probably lose all the toppings ! Now you're making me Hungary! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

I'm gonna have to Google all that to find out exactly what it is lol but from the pics of hit it hard. And like Ryan I'd probably dump all my bread toppings everywhere. Looks delicious bud

Reactions: jcam222
Looks great. I have a taste for Paprikash. Never had it as a soup...JJ

Looks great. I have a taste for Paprikash. Never had it as a soup...JJ
Saw it on some food site and thought I’d give it a go. I wouldn’t give it a 10 but it is tasty. I do love regular chicken paprikash. I think the soup would have been better with better paprika. I’ve got some bulk Amazon stuff. Seems ok in rubs but when the flavor of a dish depends on it I think it’s weak.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
I make a stove top Paprikash that could pass for soup because we like A LOT of gravy. ☺...JJ

Man Jeff, that soup looks inviting and comforting. It’s warming me up just looking at it. I’ve never made chicken paprikash before but I think eating it as a soup would be right up my alley.

The langos looks delicious too! I’ve always wanted to try the fathead dough when we briefly looked at keto a few years back.

I had a whole chicken that I had other plans for that I needed to use up. Tossed it in the instant pot yesterday. Picked it clean and saved the broth. Decided on doing a chicken paprikash soup and a keto version of Hungarian Langos. Langos is apparently a very popular fried bread in Hungary. My keto Langos is deep fried fathead dough with sour cream and cheddar which I read is how they serve it as street food. View attachment 477653View attachment 477654Went nicely with the soup.
Other than paprika, what seasonings do you use for the paprikash.

I've never had paprikash but after looking at a few recipes on it I think it's something I would probably enjoy. Your soup looks great Jeff. And deep fried bread? Top with cheese and sour cream? Who wouldn't love that? LOL! Nice work man!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky