Chicken on the mini

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nah, I'm way too lazy. I will live vicariously through you guys.

Disco
My good buddy… This is a lazy mans build. And its also great for cheapskates like myself.  

You need $95 bucks. $100 Canadian… LOL

An account on Amazon

A drill

A screwdriver

An adjustable wrench.

And 1 hour of time….

Take your old cowboy buddies hand.  i'll show you the way.  Wont hurt a bit.  LOL!

B

Last edited:
Awesome plate Adam. The Chic looks nice and juicy.

So which potato was better on the smoker? Wrapped in foil or no foil?

What was your temp and time on the bird?

Brian

Higher or longer maybe.  Hey Adam, are you using a maverick remote thermometer?  I know when I started using one my Q took on a next level.  Better control of the internal temps.  Takes the guess work out. 

Looking good pal!

Brian

Up using a mav.     Tasted great.

IT was good.   Skin alittle soft.    Higher temp. next time.

My good buddy… This is a lazy mans build. And its also great for cheapskates like myself.  

You need $95 bucks. $100 Canadian… LOL

An account on Amazon

A drill

A screwdriver

An adjustable wrench.

And 1 hour of time….

Take your old cowboy buddies hand.  i'll show you the way.  Wont hurt a bit.  LOL!

B
You forget that I am old and stupid.

Disco

If you are complaining about that chicken, you are picky. Looks great.

Disco
LOL… You're far from stupid. BUT I'll give ya the old 
roflmao.gif

I think the high temps do crisp up the skin a little better but the mini still keeps it softer at the same time ( if that makes sense) lol.  That small cooking chamber kind of traps more grease around the bird.... but its still bite through.   It's a completely different flavor profile than i've ever tasted before personally  experiencing it. Unless someone cooks on a mini it's really tough to explain.  It's like if you experienced mini chicken no explanation is necessary but if you haven't then no explanation will suffice!

The high temps make a juicer bird also imo because the moisture in the bird is  braising inside vs time to come out as evaporation.   I love chicken on the Jimmy (jumbo mini) too...a little less grease and a little more crispy.   Just depends on the mood as to which one i want to use. 

Moral of the story is the mini's put out some really good chicken that you won't get on other smokers. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky