Chicken in fridge

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JIMSMOKES

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 27, 2021
Greenville SC
Salted some boneless skinless chicken thighs last sunday and tossed them in a zip loc bag to cook Monday. Had to go out of town for work and it's been sitting in fridge for a week. Smells fine but is it safe to still cook and eat?

I'm not and went and bought some more. It has a feb 13 date on packaging.
Curious as to what makes it ok to sit in their cooler for a week but not in my fridge. Which I know is colder as it's my extra beer fridge. LoL

Salted some boneless skinless chicken thighs last sunday and tossed them in a zip loc bag to cook Monday. Had to go out of town for work and it's been sitting in fridge for a week. Smells fine but is it safe to still cook and eat?
Without knowing the sell by date on the original packaging, I'd toss, but if it was still within, or close to the original sell by date, I'd eat it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky