Chicken Enchilada Casserole

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlloyd99

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 13, 2006
Chillicothe MO
I've mentioned this in passing in a few other posts and have been asked for the recipe so I'll go ahead and post it here. This is a great way to use leftover chicken that you've smoked. You can also use turkey or beef (if you use beef use 2 cans of mushroom soup intead of the chicken)

1 small fryer smoked and pulled or about 1.5 to 2 pounds chicken
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can rotel tomatoes with green chiles
1 can of draind and rinsed black beans (optional)
1 1/2 lbs. shredded cheddar cheese or other mexican style blends
5-6 large flour tortillas torn into quarters

Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl and stir well. Grease a 9x13 baking dish or other large cassarole. Line the bottom of the dish with torn pieces of tortillas. Top this with half of the chicken mixture followed by half the cheese. Repet all three layers: tortillas, chicken, cheese. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or untill cheese on top is melted and slightly browned. This makes about 12 servings.

Enjoy!

Lady J, That sounds awesome....Im most definatly gonna give that a try....small fryers just went on sale here at .49/lb time to stock up for your concoctions...im gettin hungry just thinkin about em.
Todd

l never have used corn tortillas but that's only because I usually have the flour variety on hand. I can't see where they would hurt anything, so I say go for it. Let me know if you try it and how it turns out if you do.

This sounds so good, and really not too much to do to fix it either. Will for sure give this a try since i do love to eat enchilada's. Thanks so much for sharing and as soon as i can give this a try will let you know how it turns out.

Meowey,

I did up this recipe some time ago! Great stuff! For the pulled pork I would just go ahaead and use the two cans of Cream of Mushroom soup as you would for beef and see how it goes! Should be great!

Cheers!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky