Chicken corn Verde soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RyderD2013

Original poster
Sep 7, 2021
This is how I made my chicken corn Verde soup. I found a salsa soup recipe and changed it to green salsa and added chicken.

Here's all the ingredients but I ended up adding an extra can of chicken.
0205222033.jpg

I drain the beans and the corn and then dumped them all in the pot.
0205222134.jpg

Put it in a bowl in a added cheese sour cream green hot sauce and cilantro.
0205222135.jpg

It was really good try it and you'll see!

Hm, that looks like an interesting soup! I’ve never done canned chicken. I’d recommend grilling or smoking some chicken breasts to add some Smokey flavor. It’s also good to start off with some butter at the bottom of the pot, throw in some onions and chopped garlic until you get a nice aroma going, then put in the Verde and broth to simmer for a bit and add in the rest as you go. If the chicken is grilled first then chopped up and added for a long simmer you’ll get a good texture and the flavors come together!

Hm, that looks like an interesting soup! I’ve never done canned chicken. I’d recommend grilling or smoking some chicken breasts to add some Smokey flavor. It’s also good to start off with some butter at the bottom of the pot, throw in some onions and chopped garlic until you get a nice aroma going, then put in the Verde and broth to simmer for a bit and add in the rest as you go. If the chicken is grilled first then chopped up and added for a long simmer you’ll get a good texture and the flavors come together!
Thanks for the extra advice . next time I'll try and from or smoke the chicken.

Reactions: bauchjw
It looks tasty and that’s what matters! It’s always fun to play around a bit! Verde is an awesome flavor to add, great work!

Edit: Dang! I just saw you’re 16? I wish I was that creative with cooking at your age! You’re way ahead of the game!

Last edited:
If I may, I'd try subbing a can of cream style corn undrained for one of the cans of corn. Give it a somewhat silkier texture.

That's a good recipe and probably pretty responsible on the nutritional side of things too. :emoji_thumbsup: I can all sorts of meats including chicken so always have that on hand.
lJg8k17.jpg

Reactions: bigfurmn
Very nice job Ryder. Follow what Jed said next time, even if you have to recruit your dad's help with the smoker or grill...but I doubt you'll need to do that.

Edit: Dang! I just saw you’re 16? I wish I was that creative with cooking at your age! You’re way ahead of the game!

You have a PM coming Jed :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Sowsage
Very nicely done Ryder! The great thing about your soup is it makes a quick and delicious weeknight meal!

Reactions: chopsaw
It looks tasty and that’s what matters! It’s always fun to play around a bit! Verde is an awesome flavor to add, great work!

Looks good to me. I’ll give it a shot. I have some grilled chicken left over.
If I may, I'd try subbing a can of cream style corn undrained for one of the cans of corn. Give it a somewhat silkier texture.
Looks and sounds good Ryder.

I guess you had to share with your Dad and Brother

David
That's a good recipe and probably pretty responsible on the nutritional side of things too. :emoji_thumbsup: I can all sorts of meats including chicken so always have that on hand.
View attachment 525103
Very nice job Ryder. Follow what Jed said next time, even if you have to recruit your dad's help with the smoker or grill...but I doubt you'll need to do that.

You have a PM coming Jed :emoji_wink:

Robert
Very nicely done Ryder! The great thing about your soup is it makes a quick and delicious weeknight meal!
Thanks everybody!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky