chicken cooking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tn_bbq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
East Tennessee
Here's my take on some chicken thighs.

It's fairly elaborate, but it's paid off for me (2nd place call a couple weeks ago and a few other trophies are in the garage).

First step is to get a bunch of thighs (at least 10). Remove the skin from all the thighs and sort them according to size. The idea is to use the largest pieces of skin on the smallest chicken thighs.

Second step. Trim the thighs so they are rectangular and fairly uniform in shape. Yes, you'll be trimming meat (and fat) from the thighs.

Lastly, wrap the thighs and trim the skin.

This bottom picture was from a test run I did at home. The thighs aren't nearly as uniform in shape or size as I want. I was mainly focusing on sauces and rubs while cooking these (toothpicks are used as reminders).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky