chicken and beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

salmonclubber

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 3, 2005
forks washington
hello everyone

yesterday i did two beer can chickens and some of the kick ass beans i also did 5 bratworst and a fatty 3 hotdogs and 18 eggs and some corn bread everything turned out great in the gosm 3600g we ate six smoked eggs they were pretty good the rest i pickled so i will have to wait a week to eat the rest of the eggs
another awesome smoke in the great pacific northwest you all take care talk at you later
salmonclubber

salmon,

what do you mean you smoked eggs? describe for me please

do you put on rub? do you mop? how do you get them to not fall thru the grate? how long to you smoke them?

you do what i like to do and thats smoke a lot of different kinds of stuff, that way i get to eat all day long. by the time the main dish is ready there is no way i could eat another bite and i get to eat it later.

Buzzard, check out the smoked eggs thread in the Fruits, Nuts, Veggies forum. Very interesting though I'm not sure it would be for me. Guess I can't knock it till I try it though. The chicken and beans sure sound good though salmonclubber.

hello everyone
buzz i got the smoked egg recipe on here under side dishes i think anyway somewhere on this site there is a thread on how to smoke eggs it is different but they turn out tasting real good
y2k i made the brats myself i posted the recipe on here i think in the sausage thread they are the bigwheels lonesome yankee bratworst they turn out real good i use ground pork butts to make them and sometimes i put in a little elk meat in with the pork
jlloyd everything turned out great last weekend except the beans i used the kick ass bean recipe from this site and i accidentaly dumped a whole 16 ounce can of pineaple into the beans and instead of digging out the pineapple i cooked the beans anyway the beans turned out like a pineapple express everyone ate them anyway like i said it was a great smoke we all ate good well you guys take care i now have to go ice down my typing finger
salmonclubber

Hey SC-you want some beans with that pineapple?? :P
Last Sunday while I was making up some pork rub I had a senior moment and dumped all of my spices into the brown sugar bag. Luck bailed me out on this one cuz there was just enough brown sugar in the bag for the rub. I just mix everything in the brown sugar bag, tasted the mix and ended up adding a little more kosher salt. The wife said she liked it and that's what counts!! :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky