chicken 1/4's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teacup13

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2007
Sault Ste Marie,ON
got some chicken 1/4's for 29cents/lb so decided to smoke them today..and the weather turned nasty because i did decide to smoke today..lol

injected with Franks hot sauce and garlic powder

rubbed with EVOO,black pepper,italian seasoning,Tony C's,steak seasoning and my hands..lol

i gotta get a new camera...this one eats batteries and takes crappy pics..

Oh yeah, love me some drumsticks
icon_smile.gif
looks great!

chicken is done... this is my new favorite way to do 1/4's

i have some leftovers, so if anybody wants some let me know..lol

this was a trial run for my next turkey breast...missus decided this is how i am going to do it..lol

They look fantastic Jeff!! Bet they taste even better
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
.....quarters are one of my new favorites, cook em up on the weekend and enjoy all week!!

Photography is something I know a bit about Jeff. I noticed that the only thing wrong is focus, as in the cooked chicken pic, I could see the background was in focus.

What camera are you using( e.g. make & model)?

Is it a simple point and shoot or can you make adjustments?

It may be a simple fix, so let me know what you have.

Your quarters look as good as I would expect if I couldn't find my glasses ...
icon_lol.gif

my camera is a cheap one.. you cant focus with it.... just a 3.1megapixel vivitar...

the only solution for my picture taking skills is a new one..lol

give me an old 35mm with a zoom and boy those pics turn out nice..

i once shot some pics for my aunts wedding... we compared the pics with the photographers and you couldnt tell the difference... while i was taking pictures at the wedding, the photographer was getting mad at me because i was always at the spot first where she wanted to take pics....lol

Try not getting closer than 2.5 to 3 feet until you get that dinosaur replaced
icon_lol.gif

You can do the same as your old 35mm with a better digital ... it's all about money eh?
Funny you should mention wedding pics ... I actually had the pro offer to hold each pose for me, so that I wouldn't trip his slave floods before he could get his shot ... he was very accomodating. I'll bet he is a rarity though!
That old Vivitar is still worth hanging on to for when a simple point and shoot is all that is needed ... such as parties and such.

Take care and keep on smokin'

I was a Wedding and school sports/candids photographer when my son was little (similar hours) and the only difference sometimes between an a Pro and the Amateur is the paycheck.

The other half the time is the Pro remembers to look at all of what their shooting not just the subject.

PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Damn buddy, Yours looks mighty good...I am still waiting for a good smoked chicken from my own smoker....I am working on it...Steve

the photographer @ my aunts was getting pi$$ed cuz i was beating her to the best spots... my aunt gave me a camera with unlimited black & white film and said go wild... i mostly shot the flower girl(she was my daughter..lol)

i have found with the propane smoker, that you have to take the water pan out for the last 45 minutes or so. With the water pan you never seem to get a nice firm crispy skin...

And i have no choice to hang onto the digital camera, its the missus, she got it for a gift..lol

I found my new one, just have to buy the missus something really nice b4 i pick it up..lol
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky