Chicken 1/4's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Was undecided what to have for supper so picked up some chicken quarters. Seasoned up with some homemade rub from " one of you" which is very good. ( Thank You! ) Don't recall who posted this quite some time ago. And into fridge for a few hours.
20200305_140155.jpg

Fired up the Stampede to 230° and loaded the tube with some Char Hickory for a little additional smoke.
20200305_140544.jpg

Took them up to160° , pulled them off and covered. Put sear plates in and raised temp to 450°.
Placed back on and seared each side for about 5 mins. IT of 174° ( Grilled pic didn't turn out very well )
Some rice /cauliflower medley and Garlic toast. Pretty simple deal.
20200305_170721.jpg

Looks good! Leg quarters are great. We do them a lot in the summer. Cheap too! Yours look very nice!

I might, could be forced to eat a plate. Who am I kidding! I'd take TWO! Getting hungry...JJ

Looks Great, Rider!!!
Nice Job!!
Like.

We quit buying Leg Quarters:
I always got Thighs & Drums.
Then one time we got "Quarters", and the whole back side of all the Thigh parts were all busted up & full of little bone fragments. WTF---So a few months later we got some more Quarters---Same Dang Thing!!! That Was It---We went back to "Thighs & Drums".

Bear

Nice Looking Yard Bird

Gary
Thank you Gary, and for the like.
Yummy looking chicken!!
Thanks, it was pretty tasty.Thanks

Thanks Chop. And thank you for the like.
That chicken looks wonderful, really nice plate also, LIKE! RAY
Thanks Ray, greatly appreciated.
Looks good! Leg quarters are great. We do them a lot in the summer. Cheap too! Yours look very nice!
Thank you, chicken is a pretty cheap cook.
I might, could be forced to eat a plate. Who am I kidding! I'd take TWO! Getting hungry...JJ
Thanks JJ. I was tempted for the second one. . .
Nice looking chicken!
Thank you !
Nice looking plate of food and chicken!
Thanks xray. And thanks for the like.
Looks Great, Rider!!!
Nice Job!!
Thanks Bear, and for the like.
Normally just do the thighs also. 1 of these had a shattered bone.
jcam222 jcam222 thanks for the like

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky