Chevre Bruschetta

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Chevre Bruschetta
Fresh cherry tomatoes, lots of capers and minced garlic sauteed in extra vrigin olive oil until the tomatoes burst and form sort of a sauce with their juices.
Season this with plenty of salt and pepper, some crushed red pepper too if you like it spicy.
Place the Chevre (goat cheese) in a baking dish and spread the tomatoes around it.
Broil on high to get some color on the cheese and tomatoes, being careful not to burn the cheese.
I picked up a couple loaves of Rosemary Parmesan bread, cut some slices, buttered and toasted them.
To serve, spread cheese on toast and top with tomato mix and fresh basil.

img_20201003_163203770_burst000_cover-jpg.jpg

img_20201003_171250166_burst000_cover-jpg.jpg

img_20201003_180641702_burst000_cover-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

jcam222

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
You had me at toasted tomato , garlic and CAPER. I just love the flavor of capers. Never been a huge goat cheese fan but I’d sure try this. Looks great.

Reactions: chilerelleno

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dinner is served!

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Wow...that bruschetta looks divine!! I can't let Tracy see it though. That's all she'd want me to make for a week or more and I'd get burnt out on the stuff....but she could eat that every day. Me, just 5 times a week would be enough :emoji_laughing: Beautiful job Chile!!

Robert

Reactions: chilerelleno

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
It's really rich and creamy good hot-n-fresh out of the oven.

But it doesn't reheat so well, and the leftovers were just okay.
I added more salt and crushed red pepper to liven it up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads