Cherry Smoked Quail and More

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow! Exceptional all the way around Chile! Very impressive!
Really appreciate the compliment and Like, thank you.
Man that looks good especially the apples. Never thought about smoking apples but im going to have to add that to the list! I imagine my kids would love it!

John
Thank you John.
The apples, yeah, you'll like them.
There are also Smoked Apple Dumplings in my recipe index.
I've modified that recipe a bit, but still basically the same.
Larger apples, sugar filling similar to the Baked, cook at higher temp like the Baked.
I need to make them again and update the recipe.

Remind me next time you post your goodies to read it when I am not hungry. I broke my computer screen trying to get to your quail.

Iam
Legal Disclaimer:
Not responsible for any debts incurred for equipment, food items or anything else.
Damages to personal property by any means or reasons.
Liquor being watered down or disappearing, Beer going flat/sour or Wine turning to vinegar
Any medical costs or psychiatric counseling due to any food related illnesses or accidents.
Your wife, daughter, dog/cat or anyone or anything else becoming pregnant.
Any and all acts of God, stupid human tricks or practical jokes gone wrong.

Last edited:
An Old Vermont back-country proverb: Vermont where the ladies are safe, and the sheep are scared.

Very similar here. More to the effect of "Welcome to Texas where men are men and sheep run scared". It's not really true but is sure raises some eyebrows when the northern folks come to visit :emoji_laughing:

Bhaaaa,
Robert

I put my best efforts into them, and it paid off.
Appreciate the reply and Like.

Great looking stuff as usual John!! Wanna play that old game called Let's Make A Deal? I'll trade you a big platter of tomahawk rib eyes and peach cobbler for a pan of those quails and a couple smoked apples. I love quail but can't get the other half into game meats. My dad was a big hunter and we ate quail, rabbit, and venison on a regular basis. I still remember my grandmother preparing the quail and rabbit while doing straight shots of bourbon and missing some of the shot in the quail or rabbit. It was never fun to bite down on a lead pellet :emoji_wink:

Oh the memories....
Robert

Great looking stuff as usual John!! Wanna play that old game called Let's Make A Deal? I'll trade you a big platter of tomahawk rib eyes and peach cobbler for a pan of those quails and a couple smoked apples. I love quail but can't get the other half into game meats. My dad was a big hunter and we ate quail, rabbit, and venison on a regular basis. I still remember my grandmother preparing the quail and rabbit while doing straight shots of bourbon and missing some of the shot in the quail or rabbit. It was never fun to bite down on a lead pellet :emoji_wink:

Oh the memories....
Robert
Thanks Robert, appreciate that.
I'd take that trade, one Tomahawk for all my quail and apples, and I'd still come out ahead.

Chile,

Told my wife about this and she said they did these all the time when they were kids.....sooo we stopped at the store on the way home and picked some up :emoji_ok_hand:

As an aside she said they use to put red hots in them also, do you remember those?

John

If you mean Red Hot sausages, I've never done that in particular.
But I've stuffed many a quail and other birds.
Whatever stuffing you like nestled between the breasts, secured by the bacon.
Great eating!

If you're talking Red Hots candy, I've never used them like that.
But I've seen them used in glazes.

Last edited:
If you mean Red Hot sausages, I've never done that in particular.
But I've stuffed many a quail and other birds.
Whatever stuffing you like nestled between the breasts, secured by the bacon.
Great eating!

If you're talking Red Hots candy, I've never used them like that.
But I've seen them used in glazes.

The red hot candies...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky