Cherry Smoked Beef Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Bullhead City, AZ
These were from the 4th & I just now got some time to post them!!

5e76352d_DSC06042.jpg

Trimmed & Ready

1afed0e5_DSC06045.jpg

3d5bc3be_DSC06046.jpg

Two racks deserves two rubs right

b8c1caf8_DSC06047.jpg

This was my chamber temp before putting lump in? No cheese for me!!

6fd69fb2_DSC06048.jpg

Half way point

768cfcf6_DSC06054.jpg

Didnt get the pull back I thought I would but I know they're pleanty tender they folded like a cheap chair

d2ec15e4_DSC06055.jpg

A little sumthin for the bear in all of us

61a1cc1a_DSC06056.jpg

7056d005_DSC06059.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed it cause I did!!

Great job Terry 
thumb1.gif

I've seen several members try to smoke beefy's without a lot of pull back to them, You may be on to something 
sausage.gif

looks_great.png

never tried beef ribs with cherry wood, always used apple or hickory and apple.  Did the cherry come thru?  quess I was worried it wouldn't with the stronger beef flavor.  Another one maybe to do on the list, although My MES is "fried" right now due to the dreaded wiring issues, and no time to work on it.

DING-DING-Ding---We have a winner!!!!

That last picture is a winner & a nice BearView.

I love Beef Ribs the best !!!!

Thanks Terry,

Bear

Looks great.  Thanks for posting.

1. I love cherry mixed with maple for cold smoked cheese.  The cherry is great wood.

2.  You showed a great example of the bend test on ribs where there is not enough meat to bone ratio to use a therm!

Good luck and good smoking.

Those look great Terry!!

Nice money shot too!!

Craig

Awesome looking ribs Terry!
Thanks Al

nice looking beef bones there....will have to keep an eye out for a meaty rack to do. Any feedback on those rubs??....the Aloha looked interesting being 'organic'
Im a huge fan of the Famous Dave's I just recently tried it & I put it on everything. The organic was good, but I think next time I'll grind it a little?

Great job Terry 
thumb1.gif

I've seen several members try to smoke beefy's without a lot of pull back to them, You may be on to something 
sausage.gif

looks_great.png
Wish I could take the credit for the lack of pullback? Still not sure what happened to NOT make it happen??

They do look good, but you didn't smoke them all the way at 175º did you? if so, for how long?

I didn't really probe them? I' usually just give it a good bend or look for pull back

never tried beef ribs with cherry wood, always used apple or hickory and apple.  Did the cherry come thru?  quess I was worried it wouldn't with the stronger beef flavor.  Another one maybe to do on the list, although My MES is "fried" right now due to the dreaded wiring issues, and no time to work on it.
The cherry did not come through as well as I hoped. I think next time I'll mix it with hickory?

Looks great.  Thanks for posting.

1. I love cherry mixed with maple for cold smoked cheese.  The cherry is great wood.

2.  You showed a great example of the bend test on ribs where there is not enough meat to bone ratio to use a therm!

Good luck and good smoking.
Yeah I thought it was important to show the bend test so we all knew they were done & the newbies can see what we're talking about.

Hmmmm...good lookin ribs!  Beef ribs are my favorite.  I need to do some again real soon.  You know, that's the trouble with seeing al these Qviews....I want to do it ALL, right NOW!

Great post!

Great Looking Ribs Terry!

Reminds me to pick up some Dino Bones

Todd

Sorry flash I misread your post
icon_redface.gif

I did indeed smoke them at 225. The 175 was the temp of the smoker BEFORE I added any lump. It was 116 here that day & that was the temp of the smoker just sitting in the sun!

116˚-------Sheeesh!!!

I start bitchin' when it passes 92˚ up here!!!   Must be spoiled!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky