Cherry-Cream Crown Cake (Mrs Bear's Recipe)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
John another winner winner excellent dessert! Sorry, I am not good a rhyming this early. That looks delicious, and easy enough for us to try. We'd most likely try it with Strawberries as well. Gotta do the numbers to see how it fits into our diets, or not, lol. Great job and appreciation for your Mrs.for sharing another excellent recipe.

Yum! I like the layers and layers of flavor!

Thank You Civil !!
Appreciate That !

Bear

Now that's a pie I could sink my teeth into. I love cherry pie in all forms, shapes, and fashions. Has mama bear ever substituted the cheese mixture for more cherry filling in the middle layer?

Point for sure
Chris

Thank You Chris!!
If you removed much more of the Cheese Mixture or Fingers, you would have to leave the sides of the Spring Form pan up, because you would lose the integrity of the structure.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear... There ya go again... here.. Let me remind ya... https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...ways-bears-favorite-candy.154430/post-2282888

Showed this to the wife (bad mistake)... she wants it...

Gotta say.. when first reading and you said Ladyfingers.. I envisioned Butterfinger (candy bars) for some reason... So I had candy bars on the brain and was thinking.. How DaHell is he gonna slice this... Then the pictures came along and seen the Ladyfingers... LOL...

Thank You Keith!!
LOL---Those Meltaways are just plain Addictive!!
Appreciate That !

Bear

John,
That cake looks scrumptious.

Stu

Thank You Stu!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That looks awesome Bear! I don’t know if that cake would make it to diner! Saving this for my wife, she’ll love this recipe! Thank you for sharing!

Thank You Jed!!
This one's even easy enough for me!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That wouldn't last very long at my table :emoji_wink:

Thank You Rider!!
Yup---The only time she makes things like this is when we are going to have guests---At least Bear Jr, to help make it smaller.:emoji_wink:
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

John that’s a beautiful dessert!! I’m sure many will benefit from making that!

Thank You!!
It is very good !
Appreciate that!

And

I'll take a big slice of that with a cup of coffee. and a nap afterwards!
Jim

Thank You Jim!!
And for the Like too.

Bear

Looks absolutely delicious Bear! I think that would crack my top 5 for dessert. I’m gonna get the wife to make this.

Like!

Thank You Xray!!
This one is in my top 2 Cakes.
I'd have to think too hard to rate it among my favorite Desserts.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I actually showed this to my wife. And told her that I was buying her a spring form pan. She is in agreement!

Jim

Been off line for awhile now and this is what I come back on to.

John you know me that is right up my ally. Looks fantastic and tasty , Mrs Bear did great, and thanks for the how to

David

Thank You David!!
I was thinking about You when We were making this Cake!!
I knew you'd find it & Like it !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Thank You David!!
I was thinking about You when We were making this Cake!!
I knew you'd find it & Like it !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Yes Bear , I have been in and out of SMF for a couple of weeks or so now.
And when I get on I try to go back and see what I have missed.

Glad I found this as I can see this being done at some time. Because you know we loved the "Cherry's in the Snow "
that Mrs. Bear makes. Made a couple of those, big hit here.

Thought things back to normal here and than a nice winter storm here today. But fishing season started on Friday
and have not even gone down to the lake . And seen them jumping yesterday....soon I hope

David

John another winner winner excellent dessert! Sorry, I am not good a rhyming this early. That looks delicious, and easy enough for us to try. We'd most likely try it with Strawberries as well. Gotta do the numbers to see how it fits into our diets, or not, lol. Great job and appreciation for your Mrs.for sharing another excellent recipe.

Thank You Mike!!
Might be pretty high up on the calorie list, so better eat small pieces.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I'll take a big slice of that with a cup of coffee. and a nap afterwards!
Jim

That's Great.
She had hers before we got married, so it's at least 53 years old, and it works Great !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear

Reactions: JLeonard
Thank You Mike!!
Might be pretty high up on the calorie list, so better eat small pieces.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

BTW: For The first 60 years of my life, I never had to worry about Calories or Sodium. However since they screwed up my Kidneys during Open Heart Surgery, in 2012, it's Sodium I gotta watch out for!

Bear

BTW: For The first 60 years of my life, I never had to worry about Calories or Sodium. However since they screwed up my Kidneys during Open Heart Surgery, in 2012, it's Sodium I gotta watch out for!

Bear
I've been having to watch my sodium intake since I was 26 and started Blood Pressure medication. I used to add salt to everything before even tasting it, lol. Now, not.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky