Cheesecake Squares

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CiCiGriddle

Original poster
Aug 12, 2019
Montgomery, Texas
Cheesecake Square Recipe
2 cans Pillsbury crescents rolls and 2 8oz packages of cream cheese (softened)
1Crescent Cheesecake Recipe.JPG

1 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla
Mixer Bowl3.JPG

mix until combined
Mixer Bowl5.JPG
Unroll and spread 1 can crescent on bottom of the lightly greased pan (I used a glass pan and it stuck the first time) 9 x 13 pan
Pan & Crescent1.JPG

spread mixture over crescent roll
Pan & Crescent with Creamcheese Mix.JPG

Pan & Crescent with Creamcheese Mix1.JPG

unroll the other crescent roll and spread over the cream cheese mixture (I have used parchment paper and wax paper and I have not used it to flip it on the mixture)
Pan & Crescent with Creamcheese Mix3.JPG

Pan & Crescent with Creamcheese Mix4.JPG

Pan & Crescent with Creamcheese Mix5.JPG

spread melted butter over the top and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar (I didn't use all the melted butter and the cinnamon sugar mixture, the butter made it too soggy and all the cinnamon sugar mixture made it too sweet, I just put enough to cover
Bowls with Butter & Cinnamon & Sugar.JPG

Pan & Bowls with the Ingredients.JPG
Pan & Bowls with the Ingredients1.JPG

bake at 350 degrees for 30 -35 mintues ( it said to 20 to 30 mintues on the recipe but the bottom of the pan is not done).
Cooling down after being cooked.JPG

after it cools down I like to put in the refrigerator to get cold for 2 to 3 hours or over night it is easier to cut and ready to eat.
Cooled down Crescent cheesecake cut into squares.JPG

Crescent Cheesecake in bowl ready to go.JPG

Saw this in the Cen Tex thread.. still looks amazing! Thank you for sharing in it's own thread! makes it easier to reference later.

Reactions: CiCiGriddle
"While it doesn't look like any cheese cake I've ever eaten it sure does look good. Thanks!"

I will agree that it doesn't look like a typical cheesecake but itt does in fact taste like one. I've had the privilege of eating these many, many times and I'll tell you in no uncertain terms, those little squares are simply outstanding!! It has pretty much become a mandatory offering from Connie when she and Ricky come to visit :emoji_astonished:

Mmmm, mmmm, good!!
Robert

"ON my doing list . Just had to re read a few things ."

Alrighty then....since I was the inspiration for Ci Ci posting this, I feel that a stipend is due :emoji_anguished: When you finish them please let me know. I'll send you my address and you can pack up a few (dozen) of them and send them my way...hee hee hee

Prolly not but still hoping,
Robert

I assume I'm an OP so please do post them. That's what this forum is all about...sharing and having people enjoy what you have shared. I'm sure Ci Ci would love to see somebody making what she posted. Shed be quite proud I'm sure. I can see her smiling all the way to Montgomery....which is about 250 miles from here.

P.S. No pics, never happened. Get my point??
Robert

P.S. No pics, never happened. Get my point??
Just a common courtesy thing with me .
Like I said , mine seem to have risen more that I thought they should . I did not use the butter on top , I used butter flavored spray . Top came out like pie crust . I'll do them again for sure , so Ci Ci , thanks for posting these .
20190825_153738.jpg 20190825_161806.jpg 20190826_120552.jpg 20190826_120605.jpg

I certainly understand and respect your approach to courtesy. No question, this is the most courteous forum on the planet and it's because of folks like you.

Cheesecake squares look fantastic!! Excellent job and thank you for sharing I agree that yours rose more than what I've seen Connie make. I'm not a Baker by any means so won't even hazard a guess as to why....but they still look fantastic

I'm thinking I let it sit on the counter to long before I baked it off . Had a chicken on the smoker that was setting the alarm off . So I think the dough proofed while it was sitting there . I also baked about 40 minutes . It's good , just maybe not the same as the original .

Just a common courtesy thing with me .
Like I said , mine seem to have risen more that I thought they should . I did not use the butter on top , I used butter flavored spray . Top came out like pie crust . I'll do them again for sure , so Ci Ci , thanks for posting these .
View attachment 404120View attachment 404121View attachment 404122 View attachment 404123

I am glad you liked them, the original one I saw was paper thin than what mine turned out to be. Just like Tx Smoker said I would be glad for someone else to use and make it there own.

Cici

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky