Cheese and Salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OldSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 5, 2020
Oregon
This is my first try smoking cheese, and second smoking salmon. The cheese is seven days old. I did sharp cheddar, pepper jack, and cheddar jack. This was a test to see how it is doing, plus the first taste.

It is really great. It will benefit from additional aging and be fantastic.

The salmon took a long time to smoke, but came out great. I have proven my wind-proof smoker design. It was 40* and gusting over 25mph. I started out at 135* and it held steady without blowing out the small flame. I’m pretty happy overall.

8247B696-D96B-499B-BC28-BA94807862BA.jpeg

Looks tasty!! I could go for that tray right now watching tv

Yea, the World Series! Thanks!

Mrs. Smoke says this is the best smoked cheese and salmon she has ever had. We have eaten a lot of smoked salmon so I’m pretty happy.

I cold smoked the cheese for three hours, using a tray and apple pellets.

Yea, the World Series! Thanks!

Mrs. Smoke says this is the best smoked cheese and salmon she has ever had. We have eaten a lot of smoked salmon so I’m pretty happy.

I cold smoked the cheese for three hours, using a tray and apple pellets.
Looks very good. Always nice to get the wife's validation

Great selection of flavors and textures, especially the rye crackers. Mellowing always helps and each cheese performs differently, but at least you didn't say "OMG it tastes like an ashtray" .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky