Chargrilled T-Bones for dinner 'cause I gotta prep a butt to smoke tonight: Quicky-Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forluvofsmoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2008
Hey All! Thought I'd toss this one in just for giggles, and to let you know my outdoor kitchen didn't burn down or something...LOL!!!

Just a simple S & CBP seasoning, as I'm getting into some simpler flavors and let the meat and char-grilling speak for themselves. I even decided to go without a cold smoke tonight, just to see what I'm really missing. I haven't skipped the cold smoke very often:
2c67e8d4_1.jpg

Got a good sear on side one, flipped 'em, and waiting for the juices to surface before I pull 'em...going for rare to med/rare:
3eebdc14_2.jpg

Time for dinner!!!:
1b205f24_3.jpg

Nice and pink inside...served with roasted Yukon Golds:
f915ca38_5.jpg

b1c62455_6.jpg

Enjoy your grills!

Gotta get my big butt ready with a new dry rub, so catcha later!

Eric

OH man I'll take a plate of that!!!!! Sometimes a nice simple cook like that  just hits the spot. And you got em cooked just the way i like em!!!

Great looking GRILL job ERIC!!!

Nice Job Eric!!!

But what's the rest of the ball team gonna eat?---only 7 steaks there. (catcher & 1st baseman on a diet?)

Bear

That's just the way I like em. Another great job there Eric!
Thanks Al!

Nice Job Eric!!!

But what's the rest of the ball team gonna eat?---only 7 steaks there. (catcher & 1st baseman on a diet?)

Bear
LMAO! Thanks Bear, Yea, I'm not ready for the ball season yet, am I? Well, I guess I can honestly say I have no reason to get ready any time soon...temp was 12* this morning, was 11* before midnight, and has been snowing all morning. Just hit a whopping 17*, right now. Just got a good shot of ice and snow on the roadways a couple days ago and it's been too cold for the ice to break-down just yet. So, instead of driving for a freezer restock yesterday or today, I decided I'd rather start smoking up some pulled pork last night. Just another laid-back easy day.
OH man I'll take a plate of that!!!!! Sometimes a nice simple cook like that  just hits the spot. And you got em cooked just the way i like em!!!

Great looking GRILL job ERIC!!!
Thanks Les,

Yea, that's something I think needs to be done from time to time...just keep it simple so you can appreciate things more. The kicked up dry rubs, marinades and brines are really great as long as you can recognize a good thing when you taste it. Even this simple seasoned steak speaks volumes on flavor.
Lookin' good!  Lookin' real good! 
th_4th_of_July.gif
Thanks brother!

Great smokes (and grilling) to all!

Eric

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky