Charcoal Storage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tyotrain

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Upstate new york
Hello SMF friends.. I am having a shed built on a trailer so i can smoke no matter what the elements are outside.. The shed is not all the big so i am trying to think of ways to save room. I don't want to have my bags of charcoal stacked in the shed in case i have to move it. Do you guys think its OK to store the charcoal in a rubber barrel or a galvanized barrel?.

I would think it would be ok just not sure on the moisture but with a lid on barrel  should be OK?

P.S i will have pic's of the shed in about a week it should be done by than..

Last edited:
I keep my smoker in a shed also so I can smoke in the elements. A 30 or 40 gal plastic drum with a plastic lid with the metal band clamp would work perfectly for storage of charcoal. You can add a dessicant to keep the moisture out

45734de4_drum.jpg
4d6d9685_dessicant.jpg

Last edited:
I keep my smoker in a shed also so I can smoke in the elements. A 30 or 40 gal plastic drum with a plastic lid with the metal band clamp would work perfectly for storage of charcoal. You can add a dessicant to keep the moisture out

45734de4_drum.jpg
4d6d9685_dessicant.jpg
Thanks boykjo looks like i am heading to the home depot.. thanks for the info

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky