Charbroil Propane Thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xjcamaro

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Western PA
Ive read alot about the thermometers on smokers in general are not very accurate, and i know the one on my door is not. Is it because of the placement or just the quality of the guage? I have a grill replacement that im going to put in if its a quality issue, but if its a location issue, how to i go about resolving that?

icon_cool.gif

It is likely that the thermo from the factory is just cheap model and usually isn't correct. Now I have a smoke vault and the thermometer on it is correct but I still keep one maybe 2 thermometers in it anyway. Now you can buy a new one at any hardware store but first test the one thats already in your smoker. Now just boil water and stick the thermo into the water and not let it touch the sides or bottom and see what it reads. Now it should be around 212* or so.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky