• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Char griller smoking pro - low temps

sc1875

Joined Nov 27, 2016
I have done some of the mods that people have recommended such as charcoal basket,cook chamber seals. Lowered smoke stack to grill height, dual temp gauges at grill height, flipped over charcoal tray in cook chamber as baffle. I have used both lump and charcoal brickets. I live North of Boston and temp have been in the 40's. I can't figure this out. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
Welcome to the forum!  Low temps....not enough fuel, not enough air.  That's about it.  If you have enough fuel, then you need more air.  Once the fire is raging, ya gotta figure out how to control it.  

Mike

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Mike's got you covered!

Welcome to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

sc1875

Joined Nov 27, 2016
Thanks guys, I have used plenty of lump charcoal. I even pull the ash door you to a little for better air flow. Can the charcoal tray in the cook chamber, cause lower temps and restrict air? My fuel always seems to be smothering out.

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
Something is restricting airflow.  I'm not familiar with your smoker, but your fuel shouldn't be smothering out.  

Mike

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.