char griller duo 50-50

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If that's the one with gas on 1 side & charcoal with a side box on the other. I've seen them & they look like a great idea. The only thing I didn't like about them is that each side is pretty small.

I have a chargriller duo and really like it. The propane grill works great and the smoker side works great too after you get the hang of it and do some mods. For the money you can't go wrong,although it is a rather big unit. Do some research here and you will find alot of info on them. Good luck!

Les,

I saw you said that a few mods are in order for the Chargriller 50/50.  Bought mine on Friday (3 days ago).  So far I am loving it.  I'm trying my first smoke on it today and wanted to know about the mods you were suggesting.  I see that the side next to the smoker box has cooked too fast.  I am smoking pork ribs and they look great except for the "burnt ends" on the side next to the box.  

Do you have pictures of mods??  Thanks.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/58778/char-griller-smokin-pro-with-firebox-mods

Here is a thread to check out.  The mods are for another Chargriller product, but they work for the Duo charcaol side as well.  Plenty of other threads here concerning the Chargriller as well, just do a search.  Good luck with your mods.  The one that has worked the best for us is flipping the charcoal grate upside down, wrapping it in foil for easy cleanup and it really seems to help out with cooling off the hot spot on the SFB side.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky