Char Broil Electric Smoker questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eclusk

Original poster
Mar 11, 2020
New to group and have a question on Char Broil electric smokers. Mine currently isn't smoking that well and looking for any advice. Still cooks the meat, just not getting any smoking flavor and the wood chips are not burning up. My smoker is a 725 and was wondering if anyone else had issue similar and can make any recommendations. Really don't want to buy a new smoker if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that they are not user friendly smokers. The app is a pain. I've used the smoker once or twice. Chips burned out pretty fast if I remember correctly. I don't think you need to replace it. I think there is a bit of a learning curve. I use other smokers so don't have much knowledge to offer. You could try an AMAZ-N tray or tube for smoke instead. I have not tried those yet.

Maybe post pics of your smoker? I have the digital model by charbroil and my heating element gone bad. Before it would never turn the chips to Ash. More like charcoal and would only get good smoke for a hour or little longer. I would leave the off a bit to get a bit more air going but also bought a steel chip container to put in as well to get more smoke

New to group and have a question on Char Broil electric smokers. Mine currently isn't smoking that well and looking for any advice. Still cooks the meat, just not getting any smoking flavor and the wood chips are not burning up. My smoker is a 725 and was wondering if anyone else had issue similar and can make any recommendations. Really don't want to buy a new smoker if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance.
Hello, I recently purchase the CharBroil Digital Electric Smoker and found the same issue. One recommendation was to drill out the holes in the smoke box, which I did. It helped some but the chips still did not burn long and only got charred. Then I tried pellets and have got smoke for a little long but still only got charred. I final got myself a 12” pellet smoke tube; that did the trick. Loaded with pellets this thing burned for 5-6 hours and at the end of the cook the pellets were gone, only a little white ash remained. I think I’m going to ditch the OEM smoke box and use the tube from now on. I know you posted this back in 2020, but may this will help you or someone else.

Pics would help, but it sounds like you need to move the chip box closer to the heat source, or just run hotter at the distance you're at. If the chips are burning up to soon, you could try choking off the air flow a bit more through the unit itself.
Never hurts adding more smoke sources like a tube etc. With a 120V electric, you don't want to be opening it up very much.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky