Ceramic (BGE/Primo/Kamado, etc.) vs Pellet - Anyone with experience with BOTH?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ckelly33

Original poster
Jul 22, 2017
I have a Primo XL that I use along with a CyberQ WiFi for long cooks - so I have no issue with perfect temp controls.

I have had the Primo for 6 years and I usually use a Weber Spirit for quick grills (burgers, dogs, chicken). I also have an Ooni Pro for pizzas. I guess you could say I have a grill obsession.

Apparently, that's not enough. Now I am starting to look at Yoder pellet smokers. Ultimately I would like to replace my Ooni and Weber with the Yoder but I'm not sure that my Weber (propane) doesn't give me more versatility/compliment my smoker better than the Yoder.

Does anyone have experience with both that cares to comment on this? THANKS!

Ok so I’ve had a large BGE for 16 years and a Yoder 640 for a couple and love them both just depends for the wife and myself still go to the egg a lot and for kids and grandchildren usually the Yoder

Reactions: ckelly33
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky