Celebration of induction into the OTBS Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
kewl.......looks good..........will be pulling mine here in less than a hour.........

(walking dude is STILL trying to figure out the obsession with slaw on the pork)

hehehe

i know........its a local thing..........

d8de

John

I get the slaw thing. They dont know what they are missing!

Everything looks good, I bet it tasted better!! Glad the ladies could get a few pic's while you were busy working. I just pulled 2 butts (totalled 11.5 lbs); no one to take any pics.

Damn John that looks tastey, I never tried cole slaw on pulled pork. I think I have some in the freezer, I'll try it. Did you make that cole slaw or is it store bought. That's the way I like it, I don't like the mushy runny kind.

looks awesome... i'm not a slaw dog(old nick for an old friend- have no clue what it meant @ the time) but i have heard of smoked/grilled slaw burgers- still looks great- yer truly now otbs w/ honors.....and lack of sleep lol . 2-
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Awesome looking butt ya got there for the time that went into it.

Stubborn butts definitely make ya want to crank up the temps but patience,like they say,is a virtue.

I haven't had dinner as of yet and now I'm really hungry
PDT_Armataz_01_02.gif

Well done smoke! Glad you waited that stubborn butt out! I love slaw on my pulled pork!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Someone asked about my finishing sauce I use for the Pulled Pork, It is also a dressing for the slaw.

I must give credit where credit is due. It is fromSteve Raichlen's How To Grill BBQ Bible cookbook.

North Carolina Vinegar Sauce

2 Cups cider vinegar
3 TBS ketchup
2 TBS brown sugar
4 tsp course salt
1 TBS Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce
1 to 2 tsp hot pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
1 to 2 tsp black pepper

this time instead of pouring on the pulled pork & using as a dressing on the slaw, I put the pork on the bun, put some packaged slaw on & drizzled some of the finishing sauce on then capped with the other 1/2 of the bun & OH boy did I enjoy
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
if I do say so myself
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

With the slaw some go yuck when I talk about it. When they try it MOST comment on how the slaw compliments the pork & how good it is.

Congrats on your successful marathon smoke John, ya' done good!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
I'm glad to see your a slaw slinger also... gotta have that slaw with pulled pork!

Butt mop....

1 cup cider vinegar
1 small thinly sliced onion
1 or 2 jalapeño peppers thinly sliced
1 TBS course salt
1 TBS brown sugar
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp hot red pepper flakes
1/2 cup water

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky