Celebration of induction into the OTBS Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yes the 129f of 240f was from the open pit & dripped some mop sauce on the probe.

Now @ hour 4.

where did that last hour go
icon_question.gif

hour 5

Hour 7 & now in plateau for the last hour, even lost a few degrees. Butt is developing a nice bark.

Sigh... I have houseguests this AM to cook for...nothing THAT good tho. Just finished the bacon, waiting for the sluggards to stir so I can take the egg orders. How mundane. Ah well, I'd rather be cooking than not!

hr 6 152* hr 7 149* , did you move your probe around? Looks fantastic!!

Lookin' mighty good John... and I love that stash of wood you have there... that just gave me wood envy...
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Did not move the probe. Still in plateau it has been wavering about 3 degrees in the last 2 hours. I have heard it can do that in plateau. Now it is back to 150*. Just looked again & its 151*

JohnD ............

Awsome post so far, cant wait to see your final product. Very OTBS like .......... You ARE worthy!!!

well just over 10 hours now & temp has risen to 161*

I have never foiled before but on the encouragement of tonto & meowey's sticky i will be soon foiling that butt at which time I will be putting on some wings for lunch.

G'Morning, John.

Kudos to you on a a very Knightly effort. Everything looks absolutely perfect! Thanks for the excellent plat-by-play.

Cheers,
Brian

Patience, my friend...All good things come to those who wait. You're doing everything just right...Crack open another icy beverage and relax... your supper will be right on time...I promise!

Cheers,
Brian

This looks like a good time to wrap with HD foil and a little apple juice. Leave it alone for about an hour or so and check temps then... that should step things up a bit and prevent over drying.

Cheers,
Brian

Stop opening the lid for the photo ops and it will get cooking again. LOL

thanks for sharing, but keep the &%@$ lid closed.
icon_eek.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky