Celebration ham.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
As with so many others Steve, I've not heard of a celebration ham. It looks really good though and from the sound of it, you were happy with the results.
I'd snack on that all day right out of the fridge .
Hee hee hee...that makes two of us :emoji_wink:
Deli meat has been around 10 bucks a pound for years around here .
Shoot, some of the Boar's Head premium lunch meats are well over $10 a pound and have been for years. Of course the price is going up and I'd bet that their roast beef is pushing $16 a pound as would be the corned beef. Nope!! I've learned enough from this forum that I don't ever see myself paying those prices when I can make it all myself.

Robert

Well, I was happy with the taste when it was warm. But I made a sandwich from it for lunch. And it was so salty I could barely eat it. With that being said. I do not recommend it. And I sent a complaint to Wegmans about it.

And it was so salty I could barely eat it.
I know nothing about that particular ham but have something to toss into the till. If you liked the flavor but it was too salty, do you think it'd be viable to soak it in cold water for a while before cooking to desalinate it? No clue if it'd work or not but it's a thought.

Robert

I know nothing about that particular ham but have something to toss into the till. If you liked the flavor but it was too salty, do you think it'd be viable to soak it in cold water for a while before cooking to desalinate it? No clue if it'd work or not but it's a thought.

Robert
I can try that. It might help. Thanks for the idea.

All of you who are shocked at food prices surpassing the governments inflation lies should be aware that the official inflation rate does not include food prices or fuel prices. :emoji_rage:

celebrate.jpg

Man Steve it looks so good! Guess if you can't make sandwiches out of it for being too salty...get in the pot, you're soup now lol.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky