Cedar smoke house complete and working.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

West coast island smoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2017
Thought I would post a few pics in this forum section as I did sometime ago when building my smoke. All is working well and doing batches of hot and cold smoke salmon .

Attachments

• IMG_0287.JPG
    IMG_0287.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_0649.JPG
    IMG_0649.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_0646.JPG
    IMG_0646.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_0652.JPG
    IMG_0652.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_0795.JPG
    IMG_0795.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_0747.JPG
    IMG_0747.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_0771.JPG
    IMG_0771.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_0785.JPG
    IMG_0785.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_0770.JPG
    IMG_0770.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_0790.JPG
    IMG_0790.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_0853.JPG
    IMG_0853.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 390
Now, this is the work of the art...

Definitely I should stop bragging about my smoke house,....
As of now I can clearly see how much I still need to learn...
Thank you Sir for putting me back in to my place....

Last edited:
Now, this is work of art...
Definitely I should stop bragging about my smoke house,.... as of now I can clearly see how much I still need to learn...
thank you Sir for putting me back in my place....
I thank you for your kind words but was not my intention to belittle the hard work you have done on your smoker as it looks great. I spent way to many hours on it , but now that's it's complete and working great, I'm glad I spent the time. Thanks for your reply and smoke on!!

Absolutely no belittling on your part....You did superb workmanship job....When I said you put me back in to my place it was in absolutely positive way... looking forward to hear how it works...

Great looking smokehouse, and by the looks of the salmon it works really well.

God Almighty, help me to understand... Indoor grilling steak on high-tech stove post receive 30 + responds and true work of art smoke house + damn good fish cure receive only 6...?!?....m I missing something here....?
What is the deal?

Last edited:
God Almighty, help me to understand... Indoor grilling steak on high-tech stove post receive 30 + responds and true work of art smoke house + damn good fish cure receive only 6...?!?....m I missing something here....?
What is the deal?
Not that it matters to me, but i find it funny what most people are drawn to , maybe it's more relevant to what there doing? Thanks for your comments, appreciate them!

Oh...wow!

I am really out of compliments. If i lived another life i couldnt make that.

I would put that in my dinning room - would call it dinerware/stemware/liquor cabinet. My wife would fall for it, especially after seeing the live edge piece.

Beautiful.

Oh...wow!

I am really out of compliments. If i lived another life i couldnt make that.

I would put that in my dinning room - would call it dinerware/stemware/liquor cabinet. My wife would fall for it, especially after seeing the live edge piece.

Beautiful.
Thanks, you might be stretching it with the wife comment , lol but thanks!

What is the purpose of the live edge board?
It's a fold out tray so to speak, I can place a rack on it if I'm rotating the racks in the smoker , to place glaze and utensils, just a place to set things down when playing inside smoker . I thought the live edge would look cool. I have access to a lot of different wood as my friend that lives close by has a saw mill at his place. We trade off with different things and I get lumber.

Any chance to write a short story how do you smoke fish in that beauty of smoker... temperature, smoking time lenght, type of wood... etc...
I have to start by apologizing for not seeing your comments, I thought I would log in as I have not do so in some time. Im actually checking smoker as I'm doing a hot smoke with a fresh not previously frozen fish I caught the other day. It was a 16 lb spring, great size and super fight especially for this time of year. I would pass along my details of a cold smoke and a hot smoke , however I can't do until a smoke salmon contest that I'm going to enter has being completed. The contest is in July in Sooke BC on Vancouver island. Same gentleman has won I believe the last 2 or 3 years since it started. Not that he would ever care about my method but possibly others. I will provide details after contest and depending on the out come you can decide if my product is worth looking at . Appreciate comments!

IMG_0913.JPG
I have to start by apologizing for not seeing your comments, I thought I would log in as I have not do so in some time. Im actually checking smoker as I'm doing a hot smoke with a fresh not previously frozen fish I caught the other day. It was a 16 lb spring, great size and super fight especially for this time of year. I would pass along my details of a cold smoke and a hot smoke , however I can't do until a smoke salmon contest that I'm going to enter has being completed. The contest is in July in Sooke BC on Vancouver island. Same gentleman has won I believe the last 2 or 3 years since it started. Not that he would ever care about my method but possibly others. I will provide details after contest and depending on the out come you can decide if my product is worth looking at . Appreciate comments!

Attachments

• IMG_0904.JPG
    IMG_0904.JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 302
Thing of beauty!
Thanks for comment, I was smoking continuously for about two months there and have slowed down now, but smoker still looks great inside, racks have preformed excellent, have had no damage to any of them, clean up is super easy. I have done numerous runs of hot and cold smoke salmon and yellowfin tuna for friends and there comments of finished product is , best they ever had. Very pleased about how smoker is working. Enjoy!

Reactions: Plinsc
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky