Cedar planked camembert (brie)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

atomicsmoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 3, 2014
Toronto, Canada
I have a decent stash of dried porcini...worth its weight in gold.

Cooked them in boiling water for a few minutes until all water evaporated.

Saute some garlic in olive oil.

When fragrant I added the porcini and some roasted red shepperd pepper I had in the freezer.

Chives (from the garden)

Fresh thyme...also from the garden.

A wheel of camembert

Top rind off (excellent in sandwich)

Top with garlic+herbs+porcini mixture

On the soaked cedar planked (grill)

The "rim " had two cracks ...which caused the "collapse".

I am lucky my family is very indulgent and the poor presentation didn't detract from the great flavours.

Looks simply amazing....drooling over here!!!   
drool.gif

Thank you WaterinHolebrew. It went nicely with some crusty bread and Douro wine. It was meant as an appetizer, but we had to push back supper after polishing off the cheese.

O.

M.

G.

You had me at Camembert. My wife is currently giving me "the look", as in "get your arse to the store and get whatever we need to make that".

Thank you so much for sharing, that one's definitely going on the to-do list. And SOON!!

Mdboatbum,
I know people who don't eat (like) Camembert. I never met a person who won't eat baked/smoked/planked Camembert. You cannot resist gooey goodness mixed with whatever toppings your heart desires: berries based "salsa" also works.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky