1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Caught someone sleeping on the job today...blackmale pics to prove it:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by forluvofsmoke, Aug 16, 2010.

1. placebo

placebo Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I like cats but dogs have always been my favorite. Here is a pic of my buddies cat who is a lazy alcoholic couch potato lol. The other is my best friend in the whole wide world, Miss Sadie.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. athabaskar

athabaskar Smoking Fanatic

Now I'm about as far from as important as you can get, but I used to have a cat that would fetch. Her name was Missy and her favorite thing to fetch was an old champagne cork. She could sink her claws on one paw into it and run back on the other three. Once when we lived on the top floor of a three story apartment she chased the cork right through a screen on an open window (bad throw by Dad). I ran to the window expecting the worst. She was standing on the ground looking up and meowing at me, none the worse for wear. That cat was one tough feline.

3. deannc

deannc Master of the Pit

LMAO!! That's a great one!  I feel like doing that right now! haha

4. meateater

meateater Legendary Pitmaster SMF Premier Member

Don't be blaming that on the dog! [​IMG]

5. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

After a hard day of Play...

[​IMG]

6. tom37

tom37 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I took a couple pics last night after reading this thread.

I was never really a cat fan until the wife brought this one home last sun. Most of the time she has her head and at least one leg hanging off the chair or the couch. Can you tell how scared of the dog she is?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. forluvofsmoke

forluvofsmoke Smoking Guru OTBS Member

You're welcome!!! I never thought it would carry into what it has, but that's another part of why I hang out so much on this forum...with all the great people who hang here, anything's possible.

You mention about cats going after anything that moves...that's no joke. Take a red LED laser pointer and turn it on...you can make a cat litterally climb the walls! LOL!!!!!!!! Even a flashlight with a small spot beam will get 'em goin'. They'll chase it around in cirlces, over furniture, down the hallways, under throw rugs (yea, they get confused at times)...oh, btw, whatever you do, don't go up the drapes with the beam of light...the spouse might have ta kill ya, but it might be worth it for the laughs you'd get before your own lights went out!

Wakey-wakey...this is from about 5 years ago...Curious, laying on the foot-stool in front of the wood-burning stove...toasty warm and comfy...today, he's not moving for nobody::

[​IMG]

Took these next two pics just now...Curious isn't too fond of his new pad-mate, Mia...she was adopted about a month ago...she's a true hellian with claws, and climbs EVERYTHING thats vertical, including your legs, with or without pants...OOOOOUUUUUUCCCHH!!!!!!!!!!...she's a half-breed Persian/Himalayan, we're told...kind of a pug-face...she's about 2-1/2 months old now, and just woke-up from a 4-hr nap:

[​IMG]

Nope, he's really not very happy at the moment...I just wanted to show him with our newest feline edition:

[​IMG]

Curious played the disappearing act after these pics were taken...not a happy kitty at the moment...

A little history about my cat:  He was born in our current residence. He was (I say was) the runt of the litter. He decided that the kitten box was just not interesting enough, so he kept climbing out to go see whast was happening in the world. Out of seven, we kept him, and named him Curious...a fitting name, we thought.

By the time he was about 2 months old, he had adopted me as his best friend. He's 9-1/2 y/o now, and I'm still the only person who can massage the inside of his ears...he loves it, but only when I do it. There are plenty of other things that he reserves only for his dad. He plays the foot game at night in bed...if you roll around too much trying to get comfortable, he'll attack your feet under the comforter. He likes to lay next to the small of my back all night (I sleep on my side).

He mostly lays around the yard or house and sleeps while he waits for me to get home from work, then he wants to hangout with me the rest of the day. Oh, he likes to bring "gifts" to the front door...mice he's caught and played with 'til he slapped the life out of them...he doesn't do it much nowdays, though.

Oh, several years ago the vet said he's not even over-weight, he's just a huge long-hair domestic kitty. They said most people would pay big bucks to have one like him...they asked if we'd sell him (on consignment, or something)...NOT!!!! My wife laughed at them when they mentioned it, and asked if they were kidding. Realistically, a cat like Curious probably wouldn't survive very long if he were taken out of the environmant he's in...a family he can trust and each of us are a part of his daily life...right down to the little games he plays with my wife and kids. He is very attached to all of us. He literally would kill anything he could to protect us.

Oh, I read mention of trying to get a cat to fetch...Curious will fetch, but only with a smiley-face yellow gum-ball in the plastic wrapper. The kids get these when they go trick-or-treating on Halloween...not sure where folks find these at, but Curious knows the difference between these and any other wrapped candy, including yellow gum-balls without the smiley face. I know what you're thinking...NO WAY!!! Yea-way...he's just a goofy fun loving cat.

All that, and I used to hate...well, strongly dislike cats, right down to the female Silver Persian my wife had before we got married. He name was Mitsy. She was a very opinionated, fussy and independent cat. She came to you when she wanted something, otherwise you never knew she was even around. She was the first cat I ever got to chase a flashlight beam in the house.

Curious is pretty happy-go-lucky, other than he really raises hell with the neighborhood toms, even the young ones...if they show their face around his turf, there is going to be a fight, and he takes no prisoners. They either leave (which of course, makes them the true loser), or he'll open a can of woop-kitty, and they'll have to leave anyway. Some have learned, others have not.

Oh, someone mentioned about their cat hissing/growling at their gog when it would walk past...Curious just reaches out and sucker-slapps our dogs every chance he gets...then the chase is on! It gets pretty loud and lots of things get bumped in the process. But, he gets what's coming to him after they corner him and double-team him...crazy animals...just like kids...picking on each other every chance they get.

Anyway, that's most of the scoop on my big bad boy.

Glad to hear that everyone's enjoying their pets...keep the pics and commentarys coming, 'cause I'm enjoying this too!

And...............the thread continues..................

Eric

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  8. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

Great story Eric,

A lot of Smokey's antics are similar to ones you mention. I use my infra-red thermo for the red laser beam. We think Smokey might be gay, because my wife feeds him & cleans his litter box, but he bites her most of the time & hangs out with me all of the time. He plays with all of the male friends that come here, and ignores the females. He must have a hundred toys, but the little mice used to be his favorites. Then my wife got two pairs of ladies white knit gloves at the Dollar Store. She cut all 20 finger tips off, stuffed them with pieces of the rest of the gloves, and sewed them shut. These "fingers" are by far, without any competition, his favorite toys! But---He still bites my wife! LOL, A couple times he acted like he was going to bite me, so I just made a fist and put it right up to his nose. He looked at it awhile, cocked his head a few times, and walked away. I think he couldn't figure out how to get it in his mouth. 

We're both over 60, and this little guy is really great entertainment. He plays every minute of the day that he isn't sleeping. Sometimes he throws one of his fingers threw the loft railing down to the living room, and even before the thing hits the floor, he's in the air right behind it! What a piece of work!

The biggest problem we have is how can we get on the computer without waking him???

[​IMG]

9. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Brick is a real sweetie and would love to play with our Cat's Katrina and Jasper, but she looks a little too much like my dog of 14 years, Scooter, who passed away a year ago. So far the cats give her a wide birth.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  10. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Here is Jasper, our Seven-Toed Hemingway.

[​IMG]

11. squirrel

squirrel Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I came back to this thread in hopes of a little cheering up after hearing the news about sweet Ron. It's funny how a pet can make you smile. My little girl's can always tell when I'm blue and they insisted on doing the cutest things today, thought I would share:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ak1

ak1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Here's my boys.

Aramis, the tabby & Gandalf the grey.

[​IMG][​IMG]