Catfish & Fries. (Air Fryer)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Catfish & Fries (Air Fryer)

Time to try my AirFryer on some Catfish, and I’ll throw some Fries in too.

First I had to find a big enough flat container to put it in, so I could thaw it in the Fridge.
I still had to bust a little end off & put the Fillet in from corner to corner.
So anyway I got it thawed, then rinsed & dried it & cut in into 2 pieces.
I planned ahead on this, and cut it into uneven pieces, so I could fit the Fries into an area of their own in my Fry Basket.
Then I had Mrs Bear (The human Breading Machine) Bread the fish for me, and into the fridge to firm up.

Meanwhile I got out my Fry Cutter & cut up a nice Tater, and put it in cold water & into the fridge.

I rinsed them a few times & kept them in the Fridge until it was time to start the Fryer.
Then I plugged in my AirFryer & set it @ 400° for 30 minutes, so it won’t shut off by itself.
Then I spread my Fries out on paper towels, and patted them dry, and coated them with olive oil.
Then I arranged the two pieces of Catty, so I had the one corner empty for the Fries to have room in the wire Basket.
I ran the fan, and checked the Temp after 18 minutes. Nothing was quite done yet, so I gave it another 3 minutes.
I checked it at 21 minutes, and everything was between 155° and 165°, so I shut it down & pulled it all.

I plated this stuff up & used a little “Kraft Sandwich Spread” with my Fish, as Tartar Sauce.
I often use Sandwich Spread as my Tartar Sauce. Been eating that stuff since I was just a Little Cub.

BTW: This Stuff was Awesome, especially the Fried Catfish!!

Enjoy the Pics,

Bear

One Big Catfish Fillet---I had to find a big enough container to Thaw it in, and I still had to bust a corner off, and put it in corner to corner:
IMG_4236.jpg

Thawed, Rinsed, and Patted Dry:
IMG_4237.jpg

Cut in 2 pieces uneven (planning ahead):
IMG_4238.jpg

Cut some French Fries with my "El Cheapo"? Fry Cutter:
IMG_4239.jpg

Mrs Bear did a nice Breading Job for Me again:
IMG_4240.jpg

Fries Dried & Sprayed with Olive Oil:
IMG_4241.jpg

Here's why I cut the Fillets uneven---To make a nice corner area for My Fries, in the Wire Basket:
IMG_4243.jpg

Fish & Chips A la Air Fryer (Sandwich Spread for Tartar Sauce):
IMG_4244.jpg

Closer look at the Bear's Supper:
IMG_4245.jpg

Ohhh Yeah!

Those catty filets look to die for scrumptious.

As luck would have it, there is a couple filets hanging out in the deep freezer right now.

You're giving me ideas Bear!

Not to hijack this thread, but samsclub members has this on sale dec 14th in store and online. Sku# 980215420 $119.98 regularly $159.98 with free shipping

Love catfish to death!
Can't beat a good fried catfish, but we like them whole not filleted.
We think they are more juicy & tender, but you do have to look at the head & eyes on your plate!
Still I bet yours were fantastic!!
Al

Air Fryer King strikes again, I can't get over how good that fish looks

Gary

Looks great!! That was a nice big filet! Had to have been fun to catch too.

Thank You Jcam!!!
We didn't catch this one!
We don't have Catties that big around here.
My favorite are the ones between 10" and 16" long.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Ohhh Yeah!
Those catty filets look to die for scrumptious.
As luck would have it, there is a couple filets hanging out in the deep freezer right now.

You're giving me ideas Bear!

Thank You "S" !!
You're right--They're Great!! Always been my Favorite Fish. Go for it!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Last edited:
Being a life long Southerner I have eaten many, many, MANY pounds of fried catfish, fries, coleslaw and hush puppies in my life. Nothing can beat a good fried catfish dinner. Your looks really good. Gonna try your method soon.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Once again Bear, that looks awesome. Love me some catfish!

Thank You 5G !!

Bear

Yep, that there looks tasty!

Nice job again Bear.

LIKE!

My wife and I were just talking about doing some fish this friday and making fish tacos.....

John

Thank You John!!
Sounds like a Plan!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Not to hijack this thread, but samsclub members has this on sale dec 14th in store and online. Sku# 980215420 $119.98 regularly $159.98 with free shipping

Thank You Cajun!!
That's a Great Price!!
I think I paid about $160.

Bear

Looks awesome Bear. What did you feed the wife as she doesn't eat seafood?

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
She's good at fending for herself. She always finds something, but it doesn't take much.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Love catfish to death!
Can't beat a good fried catfish, but we like them whole not filleted.
We think they are more juicy & tender, but you do have to look at the head & eyes on your plate!
Still I bet yours were fantastic!!
Al

Thank You Al !!
All the ones we ever caught, we fried whole, but these were store bought, and much bigger than the ones we catch around here, and already filleted. Ours were always between 10" and 17", and we'd just skin them, then cut around the head behind the gills, and pull the head off, wile the guts followed the head. into the bucket.
Best eating fish in the universe!!
And Thanks for the Like, Al.

Bear

Looks tasty Bear! Nice size fillet too!

Like!

Thank You Xray!!
It's a Store Bought, and it was the biggest (slightly) of about 5 in the Pack, Individually frozen.
Darn good fillet though---Hardly any fat at all.
I can't believe how good they are, running them through this AirFryer.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky