cast iron smoker pan/box

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swalker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
NW Arkansas
Hi all,
I have recently converted my old brinkmann vertical over to propane. I love it this way. The only problem is I would like to find one of the large cast iron pans for my hickory. Like goes in the Great Outdoor Smoky Mountain cookers. I believe they are about 12 inch square. I have searched all around to find someone that might sell parts and have one of these pans in stock. Still no luck, so I am hoping someone here can direct me to where I can get one.

All replies greatly appreciated.

Steve

Thanks Crazyhorse...I may end up going that route. The pan that comes with the brinkmann works, but the hickory will catch fire and then burn up fairly quick, so if I can come up with something cast iron, I think that will fix that probably and let the wood go ahead and smoke out.

Will see...Steve

I think that Lowes sells cast iron boxes meant to go in a grill that may fit the bill. I don't know if it is the same size as the one in the GOSM but it might be worth looking at.

Good Luck, Do Good and Have Fun.

Regards,

Meowey

I think the smoker boxes Lowes, Walmart, etc sells are for chips. But maybe the would work for chunks. For sure they are not very big. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the help.
Steve

swalker, I believe that vulcan has tried an 8X8 Bakers Secret cake pan in place of his cast iron smoker box. Check out the Propane Smoker it's a couple of pages in on the "GOSM Coffee Modification" thread found here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky