Cast Iron Grilled Chicken Alredo w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow, that looks incredible! I know I'm late to the party but at least I didn't totally miss it. We have so many CI pans we need to put to better use. Good use for the buns. We were given a bunch of hot dog buns so my wife made croutons with them...first batch never even made it to a salad, son and I ate them as snacks.

Big like
Ryan

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Thanks Ryan! Glad you commented on this its about time I make it again. Simple, filling, and tasty. I always am using up old buns for garlic bread haha. Great idea on the croutons though I need to try that out!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Just remembered another thing my wife makes with soon to be out dated bread/buns, it's called twee-bok, actually I have no idea on how it's spelled! Anyways butters it and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on it then in the oven, makes good breakfast snacks.

Ryan

Hey SmokinVol, finally tried CI cooking on my Windwood grill encourage by your success. Made a southern Tomato Pie that wa sout of this world!! I'm a believer now!

That sounds awesome glad to hear you have jumped on the bandwagon! How did you make it?

Just remembered another thing my wife makes with soon to be out dated bread/buns, it's called twee-bok, actually I have no idea on how it's spelled! Anyways butters it and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on it then in the oven, makes good breakfast snacks.

Ryan

We do something similar around here. Kids love it!

That sounds awesome glad to hear you have jumped on the bandwagon! How did you make it?
Kinda late (very) but life happens and could not answer before. I made the pie crust and cooked in the grill at 350 until golden color. After it cooled a bit I added 3 layers of homegrown tomatoes, chopped green onions, chopped fresh basil leaves. Then for the topping, mixed shredded mozarella and cheddar cheese with mayonaise and made what looks like frosting. Then covered the pie crust and tomato layers with with the nayo-cheese mixture. Gosh was it great. As soon as I get another smoker I'm making another one.
Hope you get this, so sorry for the delayed response.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky