Cast Iron Cafe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Went to this little cafe bout 8 miles south of Richmond Hill, we heard it was good home style food.

We liked it.

Here are some pics.

I had the country fried steak which was homemade. smashed taters, fried okra and homemade biscuit.

My wife had hamburger steak cooked like she likes.

Inside.

I only seen this once before. Y'all know what it is and what it does?

I'm gonna stick my neck way out there and say that it is to chase the flies away. It seems I heard somewhere that the way the sun shines/refracts thru water that is causes sunshine to do funny things and drives flies nuts.......so they leave.

If not that.............something close.

It makes flies go away!!!

Prolly shouldn't be hanging in a restaurant...

Last edited:
Is that the one out in Keller?

I've tried to go there twice and it was closed both times.

Oh and it's east of the Hill, you must have been using your fold up ruler again
laugh1.gif

About the bag of water, an old man I worked with years ago once told me that the flies would see there reflection in the water, it would scare them and they would fly away….For what it’s worth, this was hung near where we ate lunch and I never saw a fly near where this was at……. It was there when I started working there and 14 years later, it’s still there……..Maybe not the original, but there is one there……ShoneyBoy

Yup thats what they say it does. Aint tried it yet.

Dave

I sleep my wife drives guess she aint no Garmin
icon_eek.gif

They open at 11a to 8p

Last edited:
Yea we drove out there last Thur or Fri about 7p and they were closed, the other time we called and no one answered. My son has eaten there and really liked it, that's why we've tried to go back. Have to give it another shot!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky