Can't Find ???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey as long as we're reminiscing, I also miss (on the New Posts page) having the topic on the right, to the right of the number of Replies & Views.
yep the good ol' days.

sadly some folks have left, and some like me have just cut back on what they post. -  its all good & it is what it is.  

edit:  I am trying to be as p.c. as I can, and choose my words carefully so I dont get banned or lose my OTBS status.

Last edited:
Along the same vein of thought, sorta a piggyback on this thread:  I haven't yet, but there are times when I'm trolling through the postings, looking for the gems of knowledge that abound on this site, I might have a question for the original poster, the situation that Bearcarver has brought up.  It would be helpful if I knew how to link to the thread in question.  Specifically, if I were the questioner about his "Chuckies" (I'm not), I could link the thread in the question and say something like:

Bearcarver, reference the chuckie thread:  post link here, I was wondering if........ 

That way, it would help Bearcarver.  I know it's not what he's asking for but, if I knew how to link a thread into a "Reply" or request, it might help.  I'm just not computer literate enough to ask the right questions of the program to get the desired response.

Please excuse the pun, but it is appropriate:  Do you have a LINK to instructions on how to LINK?
Dave,

If I'm understanding what you're asking, I would copy the HTTP address at the top. Now you're holding the link in your mouse (LOL). Now click on the guy's name, and include the link in a PM to him.

If it's just to make a reply in a post, copy the HTTP & include that in your comment.

Now everybody can laugh at the "Holding it in your mouse" thing, but that's the way some of us old guys explain computer stuff, when they don't know anything about what they're talking about.

Bear

another thing missing is the member list,  it was a  great tool for easily finding and contacting other members, or searching their posts.    The new site fromat has alot of bells and whistles(which I have no use for), and lost alot of great tools.
I don't look at any of the tools as lost.. they are adding the stuff that we need over time. Eventually, I feel certain that we will have most of what we need without a lot of fluff that we'll never use. Every bell and whistle on this platform is used by a certain group of people.. some of the items are for me, some for the staff, some for regular users.

You guys are doing the right thing.. if there is something you need/want then ask for it, remind us if you think we might have forgot (that happens
icon_rolleyes.gif
) and if it is possible, we will probably get it on a future upgrade.

yep the good ol' days.

sadly some folks have left, and some like me have just cut back on what they post. -  its all good & it is what it is.  

edit:  I am trying to be as p.c. as I can, and choose my words carefully so I dont get banned or lose my OTBS status.

That's pretty funny.. "trying to be as p.c. as I can, and choose my words carefully so I dont get banned or lose my OTBS status"

That's like my kids..they say they got in trouble if I just ask them why they didn't clean their room. I tell them, "That's not trouble..that's just me asking a question..LOL

There have been rumors floating around for a long time that you get banned at the drop of a hat at SMF yet, the only folks who have ever get banned on the SMF (very few I might add) have been very big deliberate offenses against the site or they have repeated the same offense 2000 times.

We are very easy to get along with around here.. if you get banned at SMF then there is about a 1000% chance that you had it coming and you knew it.

Anyone tells you they got banned for less than that.. ain't being entirely honest
rolleyes.gif

Still laughing at that one...
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif

There have been rumors floating around for a long time that you get banned at the drop of a hat at SMF yet, the only folks who have ever get banned on the SMF (very few I might add) have been very big deliberate offenses against the site or they have repeated the same offense 2000 times.

We are very easy to get along with around here.. if you get banned at SMF then there is about a 1000% chance that you had it coming and you knew it.

Anyone tells you they got banned for less than that.. ain't being entirely honest
rolleyes.gif

Still laughing at that one...
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif
Good to know,  I dont think i know anyone who has been banned, but didnt & dont want to come off as an ingrate.  The community you have set up here is a good one, and fun to belong to, thank you. 

try search/advanced search/user name/posts only/full text... will take you to all posts by searched member...

i had figured out how just to do the threads started by user too but cant seem to duplicate right now. will try again later.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky