Can't delete old private messages?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DougE

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 13, 2010
Richmond,KY
I have messages in my inbox dating all the way back to 2010. When trying to clean my inbox up some to get rid of old messages that don't need to be there, I get an, "Oops, something went wrong on the server, please try again later" message when using the "Leave conversation" option to delete these old messages.

It's been like that ever since the last big forum update. I have 100s. Makes it hard to keep the throwdown entries in order lol

Reactions: DougE
It's been like that ever since the last big forum update. I have 100s. Makes it hard to keep the throwdown entries in order lol

I'd imagine ...... some of what I started trying to delete were entries, judges scores, etc. I have from the last one to try and clear out what I don't need to be there, and I found really old stuff from members who are no longer posting (for whatever reason) and I can't delete any of it.

Doug, maybe offer up some smoked treats, see who gets here first lol!

Ryan
I got mostly cold smoked sausages and the like to offer at the moment, but the spring thaw will get here eventually lol

It hasn't worked properly for awhile I have a bunch of them as well. Hoping maybe it gets fixed in the next update.

I forgot.about this issue. It's on my radar again

Reactions: DougE
I forgot.about this issue. It's on my radar again
Any luck? Or are we gonna have to wait for an update? I haven't tried lately to see if we could delete any. And to bring the subject back up... if you're anything like me, I forget alot!

Went looking for the jokes section... found this, don't think I knew this support forum was here.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky