Canned Boiled Peanuts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Hard to find green pnuts here for making my own.
While we were in GA last week I got a few cans.

I never seen this one before.
bpnutsaltv.jpg

I had an office partner from Alabama who kept a can of boiled peanuts around for snacking.

Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
The very limited times I was in Florida I tried them and just never understood what people saw in them. Not something this Canadian boy likes 🤮

I can't remember the brand at the local walmart neighborhood market, but the spicy ones are killer. I think it may very well be peanut patch. I was born and raised in Michigan, and I love me some boiled peanuts so go figure?? I make my own not as often as I once did as raw peanuts are quite easy to come by here in Virginia.

I can't remember the brand at the local walmart neighborhood market, but the spicy ones are killer. I think it may very well be peanut patch. I was born and raised in Michigan, and I love me some boiled peanuts so go figure?? I make my own not as often as I once did as raw peanuts are quite easy to come by here in Virginia.
I buy the ones at Walmart sometimes too. They are tasty.

Yes boiled peanuts is a love it or hate it taste.
That used to be my weakness when traveling south to stop at the first C-Mart for a cup of peanuts. One time I watched a clerk pour a gallon can of the the same brand they now sell at Walmart into the crock pot. Don't remember the brand but they carry it at my NW MN Walmart, too.

Reactions: jcam222
I think pretty much any grocery in the south probably carries those. They do in my area for sure. Not freshly boiled green peanuts, but they are readily available year round. I always take a couple of cans on our kayak/camping trips. Half of us will fight each other for the last one, and the other half can't even look at them. They are certainly love/hate. Don't forget to have plenty of Coca-Cola (not Pepsi) on hand. Thirsty is an understatement after eating a bunch of boiled peanuts.

We got em here at wally and at times the Amish mkt. Couple of the speedways have boil peanuts going. Sometimes I even use the pressure cooker for them.

Well it is the time of year to order seeds for garden planting up here in Northern Ontario. I came across some peanut seeds with some good reviews. Going to give it a try this year. If all works out I will have a bunch of green peanuts to play with.

I definitely want to do my own sometime. TNJAKE TNJAKE gave me a recipe for spicy ones I think.
I've made TNJAKE TNJAKE 's recipe a couple times and they're great. My problem is it makes a pretty large batch and it takes me along time to eat them. My wife and kids won't eat them ("a texture thing"). I love eating them while browsing the internet or watching TV, but I make such a mess I can't do it too often. I end up with "juice" all over my laptop, my shirt, and my chair!

I'd like to find "green " peanuts but can't seem to around here in North Texas. It's easy enough to get raw peanuts, but they're not green. Seems like that's something I need to try.

I made them using TNJAKE TNJAKE (BTW anyone here from him)? I liked the taste but the texture and mess eating was just my thing. I was given a 5 lb bag of raw peanuts from nuts.com for these.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky