Candied Peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Virginia
A lot of folks call it cowboy candy. There are recipes all over but most are exactly the same just a different name. I use This one over at amazing ribs as a baseline. I love this stuff. I'm just mad I forgot to make more before the last jar ran out. They're really not at their best until after a good two week rest in the fridge.

My standard mix of jalapenos, serranos and little fire bomb peppers. Those serranos turn the nicest red...

20210918_132450resize.jpg

Bring the syrup to a boil and toss in the goodies

20210918_140226resize.jpg

Bring em back to a boil for about 30 seconds or so

20210918_140705resize.jpg

Finished product. I did a double batch this time. Now all I have to do is wait :emoji_angry:

20210918_142147resize.jpg

If you've never made these before, you should. Nice sweet and hot. Thanks for looking!

yup, them look tasty! Might need to fire up a batch and try'em out. I'll need to skip the real hot peppers tho... cant take the high heat anymore :(

yup, them look tasty! Might need to fire up a batch and try'em out. I'll need to skip the real hot peppers tho... cant take the high heat anymore :(
You can use any peppers, but the sweet heat balance is tasty. With just jalapenos it's mild. Give it a go!

Looks nice! I wish I could make that but way too much sugar for me! :emoji_disappointed:
Love these. I need to make another batch of a sugar free version.
Not sure how well it would do sugar free. I guess there are sugar substitutes but I have no experience with them. Wouldn't hurt to experiment a little.

I'm going to do this TODAY!! Thanks...

Do it!

Lookin good! I let them sit no less than a week, sometimes two. They're just not quite right until then for me anyway.

Reactions: crazymoon
Forgot I made a jar of these over the summer . They're really good , but mine are to hot to eat by themselves .

Reactions: mr_whipple
Had to make another batch. I was at the local international market when I spied some nice thai peppers. These are gonna be nice and spicy sweet.

Jalapeno, Serrano, Fresno and Thai mix.

20230101_080413.jpg

Everyone in the pool!

20230101_081318.jpg

And yahtzee! Just in time to replace the almost empty jar in the fridge.

20230101_082228.jpg

Thanks for looking, and Happy New Year!

Reactions: jcam222
I found this sugar free recipe will have to try it. Never heard of candied peppers before.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky