Cancelled BBQ and depression.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nope rain or shine I can cook the smoker is under cover even snow doesn't stop me.

Warren
You da man Warren. I can also smoke in rain or snow, but the wind kills me.

Chris

Having plans, especially something as wholesome and enjoyable as a BBQ, get cancelled can definitely be a mood-dampener. It's almost like a small thing that shouldn't matter much somehow weighs a lot heavier than it looks on the surface, right?

Reactions: JLeonard
Having plans, especially something as wholesome and enjoyable as a BBQ, get cancelled can definitely be a mood-dampener. It's almost like a small thing that shouldn't matter much somehow weighs a lot heavier than it looks on the surface, right?
Especially true for those of us who may be more inclined to have or already have depression and anxiety challenges.

Reactions: JLeonard
This time of year the weather can get pretty gloomy and then the daylight savings goes away and it's dark when you get home. Add to that, your both your football teams seasons are barely hovering above if not straight in the toilet. Then the barbecue gets cancelled?! Gotta just hang in there. I generally love this time of year though. Hopefully we get some actual brisk fall weather soon. I wanna sit by the smoker, myself. I might just smoke a chicken and some sausage or something easy.

Reactions: jcam222
Especially true for those of us who may be more inclined to have or already have depression and anxiety challenges.
Take care you Folks, I'm pulling for you. There's always the private messaging service here if you ever need a sympathetic ear who shares a grilling/smoking/cooking hobby.

Reactions: jcam222
Especially true for those of us who may be more inclined to have or already have depression and anxiety
Sometimes, these feelings might be connected to larger issues like anxiety or even depression. For example, one of the causes of gad can be an imbalance in neurotransmitters which control mood. I was reading an article about it recently, and it's a fascinating look into how the mind works.

Of course, not saying that a cancelled BBQ is giving you GAD or anything, but emotional responses to events like this could be signals worth paying attention to, especially if they become a recurring pattern.

Last edited:
Reactions: bill1 and jcam222
BBQs are a great way to relax and enjoy some good food and company, so it's understandable to feel a bit blue when they don't go as planned.
Personally, I love BBQs and always look forward to them. If one gets canceled, I try to remind myself that there will be other opportunities to enjoy a BBQ in the future. In the meantime, I might try to make the most of the day by doing something else I enjoy, like cooking a nice meal at home or spending time outdoors.
As for Celexa addiction, it's important to be aware of the risks associated with taking medication. If you're concerned about addiction or any other side effects, it's best to talk to your doctor. They can provide you with more information and help you make informed decisions about your treatment.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky