Canadian weather forecaster !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

squeezy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 17, 2005
Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
510160raptoxyb2.jpg

Found this in Sunday's newspaper .... just when you have thought you had seen, heard or experienced just about everything .... something like this comes along
icon_eek.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

TOMPKINS, Sask. - Southwestern Saskatchewan is mourning the loss of a retired farmer who garnered international fame by biting pig spleens to forecast the weather - sometimes with amazing accuracy.

Using a technique learned from his father, Gus Wickstrom, 69, would slaughter a pig, pluck out its spleen, bite into it, and come up with a forecast for the area around Tompkins

Wickstrom was so good that he was featured in The Old Farmers Almanac.

Thought I'd share this because it has something to do with meat.
Love to hear any other weird stories that may be lurking around ....

Lessee, biting a pig's organ to forecast the weather... I wonder what led someone to make that connection...
eek.gif

this is a funny one... i use to live about 1/2hr away from this guy... use to hear about this guy all the time... he lived about 5 minutes away from my fishing hole.... strange strange guy...lol

would you? lmao

and yes squeezy, we are a wierd enough but we are mostly harmless...unless of course you make fun of our beer or hockey..lol

Don't get me going about hockey ... no more Stanley Cup in Canada ... unless someone gives a ****!
Beer on the other hand ... I can and will defend relentlessly!
icon_lol.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky