• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Canadian weather forecaster !

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005

Found this in Sunday's newspaper .... just when you have thought you had seen, heard or experienced just about everything .... something like this comes along

TOMPKINS, Sask. - Southwestern Saskatchewan is mourning the loss of a retired farmer who garnered international fame by biting pig spleens to forecast the weather - sometimes with amazing accuracy.

Using a technique learned from his father, Gus Wickstrom, 69, would slaughter a pig, pluck out its spleen, bite into it, and come up with a forecast for the area around Tompkins

Wickstrom was so good that he was featured in The Old Farmers Almanac.

Thought I'd share this because it has something to do with meat.
Love to hear any other weird stories that may be lurking around ....

triple b

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2007
Go figure!
He was probably better than the weatherman!

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
I'd use cedar or pine ... 'cause I wouldn't eat it anyway

smoked

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 14, 2006
I have a 50-50 shot also just by saying it's gonna do the opposite of what the idiot forcasters say around here!!

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
Lessee, biting a pig's organ to forecast the weather... I wonder what led someone to make that connection...

domn8_ion

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 5, 2007
Here's a better question, what did he try before he started to get it right?

teacup13

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 22, 2007
this is a funny one... i use to live about 1/2hr away from this guy... use to hear about this guy all the time... he lived about 5 minutes away from my fishing hole.... strange strange guy...lol

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
So how come you didn't share this story eh? I know, us Canucks are considered weird enough ... LOL!

teacup13

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 22, 2007
would you? lmao

and yes squeezy, we are a wierd enough but we are mostly harmless...unless of course you make fun of our beer or hockey..lol

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
Don't get me going about hockey ... no more Stanley Cup in Canada ... unless someone gives a ****!
Beer on the other hand ... I can and will defend relentlessly!

domn8_ion

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 5, 2007
Hey guys, play nice now. We don't want a hockey game to break out, now do we? LOL

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
This goes beyond hockey ... this is .. is .. is.. national pride!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.