Canadian Turkey Bacon (Qview)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So, I was curing 2 turkey breasts to do this and wouND up curing then for almost 3 weeks (circumstances). Will they be ok if I soak them long enough? I he done it with pork belly and loin and never had a problem, just wasn't sure due to it being poultry. Thanks KS in advance!
21 Days is a long time for Dry Curing , but soaking long enough should take care of it.

Just keep Fry-Testing small pieces, and changing the water until you're happy with the Salt Flavor.

Bear

21 Days is a long time for Dry Curing , but soaking long enough should take care of it.

Just keep Fry-Testing small pieces, and changing the water until you're happy with the Salt Flavor.

Bear
I know its a long time, it wasnt intentional. As long as salt is my only issue, I will be fine.....soak soak and more soak. I just didn't want the tueky to go bad......I guess I have more fear of poultry. 

Thanks Bear!

Dave

I know its a long time, it wasnt intentional. As long as salt is my only issue, I will be fine.....soak soak and more soak. I just didn't want the tueky to go bad......I guess I have more fear of poultry. 

Thanks Bear!

Dave
Like I said, you should be good to go with some soaking.

Some say you can add a few cut up potatoes to the water to absorb some salt, but I think if I ever had to soak that long, I would just change the water a few times.

Bear

Another 10 year old Thread I had to fix the picture in.
Should be good to go now, other than the Smoking process being the "Old Way" Before AMNPS.

Bear

That's a great way to do chicken or Turkey breast . Great color on those .

That's a great way to do chicken or Turkey breast . Great color on those .

Thank You Rich!!
This was a long time ago that I did these, but I can still remember how good those snacking strips ended up.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky