Canadian bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crazymoon

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 24, 2014
Great North Woods, NH
Just did a batch of bacon using a 10# pork loin. I used Bear's recipe and brined for 10 days,then smoked for 4 hours with apple .I then used my sous vide for 4 hours at 140*
IMG_0033.jpg

I sliced with a large steaking knife as I was too lazy to use/clean my slicer ! :)
IMG_0034.jpg

Vac sealed in portions for some yummy breakfasts ! Thanks for looking ! CM
IMG_0036.jpg

Very nice, some good eats for sure. Is that just salt and pepper on the top

I just put up 4 boneless pork sirloins yesterday ( dry cure ) Added Maple extract to one to see how it comes out
Ready to smoke in 11 more days

David

Reactions: crazymoon
I would help eating that batch.
I make a lot of loin bacon.
My cure is evolving over the years. Once i get it where I like it I will post the formula.
Very creative smoke and finish.
I don't have a Sous Vide so I use the pellet pooper to get to the pasteurization temps without drying the loin.

Wow...that looks good. Really nice color on that meat. Well done sir and I too follow Bear's method when making mine. It's hard to beat.

Robert

Looks great . I like mine just warmed over . Keeps it nice and juicy . You're in for some good breakfast , but dipped in some warmed up BBQ it makes a great lunch too .
Nice work bud .

Thanks for sharing your product. Looks darn tasty. Pardon my ignorance on this subject, but who is Bear and how can I get a peek at his procedure for this? Thank you

Thanks for sharing your product. Looks darn tasty. Pardon my ignorance on this subject, but who is Bear and how can I get a peek at his procedure for this? Thank you

Thank you for the information. Definitely going to look into this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky