CANADIAN BACON TQ DRY CURE BRINE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah.. Nice. I think I would like to try maple sugar next time.
My parents may not go for that. They like traditional stuff.
I will get some next time though..
You sure made a bunch there.

The ECB is in no shape for smoking right now.. Might have to use the ECM.
;)
IMG_20171214_194833.jpg

Oh! Old tried and true shivers in the cold while shiny new ECM is inside watching MTV like the young punk he is.
haha..
Your so right on the money!
I feel bad almost.. lol
IMG_20171214_214915.jpg

Put my 4 pieces in some water for a couple hours just now.. rinsed 1st. Gonna dry for a day and smoke over the weekend.
Test pieces coming up soon.

This Canadian bacon is very soft and moist..
Like cutting through a raw tuna fillet . Very tender.. No salt or sugar from this TQ cure comes through at all.. Very little of the onion and garlic powder can I detect. It's still an open canvas for the smoke I guess.. I liked the test results..
It's in the fridge now for a day and a half to dry..

IMG_20171216_141457.jpg
Here at 185 -195 I'm getting perfect smoke with Apple chunks.
Started 1 p.m. it's about 3 p.m I'm at 110 internal temp.

Can see the snow here..
Temp probe in smaller piece to be sure I'm not over 150 in any 1 chunk..

:)

Figured you'd be smoking today.It's almost 50* here today/sunny after days of overcast and not not getting above freezing.
Project Patty Pooping is in the works here...

Figured you'd be smoking today.It's almost 50* here today/sunny after days of overcast and not not getting above freezing.
Project Patty Pooping is in the works here...
28° here now.. my stuff should be coming off the smoker now 145 ..
5 hours smoke.
Everyone says that they wrap the bacon after its cooked and they let it rest a couple of days.

What do they wrap with? How does everyone wrap before slicing and packaging.
1 or 2 layers of plastic wrap?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky