Canadian Bacon Pops 6927 Brine Style (pics heavy)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for the like sawhorseray it is greatly appreciated.
Pops says they can cure for up to 30 days just wanted to be sure it was cured and as my time allowed.

Warren

Very nice Warren, looks like the Canadian bacon turned out awesome. Looks like you’re set for awhile too.

I’ve used Pops brine the last two years for winter CB pizza! Makes great stuff! Excellent write up

Looks great! I use Pop's brine as well for Canadian Bacon - minus the sugar as we're all diabetic here.
We use the same ratios for bacon too.
1 gallon water
15g #1
175g kosher salt

If you want to try something interesting, you could tackle Peameal Bacon, which is what Canadian Bacon is in Canada. Learn more about Peameal - the best sandwich evar!

This version skips the sugar and we don't roll the loins in cornmeal.

Enjoy!!!!

Sugar Free Peameal Bacon
12lbs pork loin -- two whole Costco vacuum loins, trimmed down
1.5 gallons water
15 garlic cloves smashed
9 cloves
3 tbsp mustard seed
5g crushed pepper corn
3 bay leaves
25g Prague #1
225g kosher salt

7+ days in fridge

Looks awesome to me, I don’t use TQ, but have tried both the dry cure & wet brine with cure#1. Didn’t see much difference in flavor, but the wet brine is much easier if you have the space in the fridge. Now for belly Bacon or BBB I like the dry cure, cause the texture & crispness of the bacon seems better with the dry cure. Just MHO!
Al

Reactions: HalfSmoked
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky