Canadian Bacon Ham (Not Smoked & Not Completely Cured)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Canadian Bacon Ham (Not Smoked & Not Completely Cured)

OK—This is a little different than the Normal Thing:
I wanted some Ham for a few things, but without Smoke, So I didn’t cure it completely——Only enough for the Ham flavor. So I used the normal amount of TQ, but I only cured it for 24 hours.
I also cut the Pork Loin in pieces so the cure gets dispersed better & quicker.
Then the next day I rinsed it real good to help it stop curing.

Then I brought them all up to 145° in my Frying Pan to make them safe for uncured Pork, by USDA standards.

I tore some up in small pieces for a Pizza I was making, along with some Pepperoni.

One slice of the “Ham” went real good with a couple of Double Yolk Eggs Sunny Side Up.

Another slice fit right in with some Home Fried Taters and Corn.

Then I kinda got in a knife fight with a Whole Herd of Hot Dogs, and as you can see Da Bear Won!!!

That’s about it for that Week,

Bear

Small Chunks of Pork Loin ready to be partially cured for Flavor.
BTW: I made this Cutting Board in 1963 (10th Grade), and it was all full of cuts & Dried out, So Bear Jr Sanded it down & made it like New again (Maple End-Grain):
IMG_4424.jpg

After being in Frying Pan until 145°IT:
IMG_4428.jpg

Some tore into small pieces for My Pizza:
IMG_4427.jpg

My Pizza with Mozzarella Cheese, Pepperoni & Canadian Bacon Ham pieces:
IMG_4429.jpg

Another Slice with a couple of Double Yolk Eggs:
IMG_4431.jpg

Another Slice with Home Fried Taters & Corn:
IMG_4432.jpg

Then I was attacked by a Herd of Hot Dogs:
IMG_4368.jpg

Da Bear Won!!
IMG_4369.jpg

And Another Victim:

IMG_4370.jpg

Last edited:
Cool !! Looks Great, Just the way I like my eggs, Mmmmmm

Gary

everything looks great bear, stupid hotdogs don't they know yet they are no match for da bear. they got what they deserved!

That looks great. You can't win a fight against a bear. That technique with the loin. I'm interested. Could you do that with cure #1? I'm asking because I have a load curing for CB. And I wouldn't mind trying that with a piece of it.

That looks great. You can't win a fight against a bear. That technique with the loin. I'm interested. Could you do that with cure #1? I'm asking because I have a load curing for CB. And I wouldn't mind trying that with a piece of it.

Sure You could do that with Cure #1.
However you have to Treat it like Uncured, when handling it (No Low & Slow Smoking), and also make sure you take it to 145° before eating it.
I especially like to do this to Pork Spare Ribs---They're Awesome---Check in my Step By Steps, and look for "Bacon-on-a-Stick"---Awesome!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Sure You could do that with Cure #1.
However you have to Treat it like Uncured, when handling it (No Low & Slow Smoking), and also make sure you take it to 145° before eating it.
I especially like to do this to Pork Spare Ribs---They're Awesome---Check in my Step By Steps, and look for "Bacon-on-a-Stick"---Awesome!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thanks Bear. I have one small piece that has a bit of internal fat and wasn't sure if I was going to take that to full term and smoke. I'll cook it quick. I'll check out your other threads on this too.

Beats my cold pizza. It appears you forgot a condiment on the hot dogs. Something red maybe.

Point for sure
Chris

Everything looks great ! Pizza caught my eye . Nice meals right there .

Just a note , I did 1/4 lb . beef franks in the 360 last night . That thing works great on for everything .

Cool !! Looks Great, Just the way I like my eggs, Mmmmmm

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

everything looks great bear, stupid hotdogs don't they know yet they are no match for da bear. they got what they deserved!

Thank You Jim!!
Don't say anything!!! Let them think they can Whoop me. That way they'll keep coming to Me & I won't have to go looking for them!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Gary!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Jim!!
Don't say anything!!! Let them think they can Whoop me. That way they'll keep coming to Me & I won't have to go looking for them!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
no problem bear, becareful though they like to travel in packs:emoji_wink:

Looks great but them dogs are for sure not 1/4 der Wawa's though.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Right!---Those are the best ones we have available here---Oscar Mayer All Beef.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I’m liking to double yolk eggs! Just the perfect dipping sauce for fried pork! Nice work!

Everything looks great ! Pizza caught my eye . Nice meals right there .

Just a note , I did 1/4 lb . beef franks in the 360 last night . That thing works great on for everything .

Thank You Rich!!
Yup---Dogs are great in the AirFryer, but Sausage is even better (Fresh or Smoked)!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky