Canadian Bacon.... Again...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
They look great.
Did you vac them tight right away when cure/spices added and into fridge, or just get most of the air out of them to leave room for massaging juices into meat while flipping? Does make sense to do in the order you did so don't have to re-vac from fridge to smoker to SV.
Thank you, winterrider! I appreciate your like!
Yes, this is what I forgot to mention in my original thread: I vac them tightly right away when cure/spices added and into fridge. Flipped chubs daily but was massaging them once in two days... BUT... I had to take them out of vac bags after two weeks in order to rinse them with cold water to remove extra saltiness form the surface. Then washed/rinsed those used bags and used them to re-pack loins for further processing in SV bath.

I'm also a fan of the netting . If you don't know , it goes by a size number . I have #14 for loins , and #28 for hams and chickens .
Size 14 means there are 14 squares around the outside of the net . Size 28 , 28 squares .
I use the number of squares x's .45 to give me a rough idea of how big it will stretch .
Just some FYI .

Would you ever consider netting a pork tenderloin that was cured into Canadian Bacon?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky