Canada Day Pork!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bluebombersfan

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 4, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
I decided to try something new for Canada day this year, This post has been on my mind since I first saw it so I decided now was the time to try it!!

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/sweet-n-savory-stuffed-pork-loin.287760/

I didn't get nearly enough pictures but I still wanted to post what I did.

I have a Napoleon Apollo 300 that I have only used once before. While cleaning the garage up I found an old rotisserie and thought it would be a great addition to this smoker! I drilled and fitted it before the weekend and thought this would be the perfect thing to test it out!

A pic of my bacon weave, not the best but it will work.

IMG_5893.jpg

Next a quick shot of it all rolled up, I tossed in in the freezer for about 20 mins to stiffen up the bacon and then tied it up.

IMG_5894.jpg

I didn't get a shot of the pork loin because I was working alone in my camper trailer and couldn't get to my phone for the camera. I followed the same recipe from the post above for cutting the loin and for the stuffing that went inside. Next I fired up the Apollo with a huge basket of charcoal and dumped a half chimney of lit in the center of the basket. The temp wasn't too bad maintaining but I would like to seal up the joints a bit as it was losing smoke through out the cook. I held it at 275F for a little more then 2.5 hours and then started checking IT. I pulled it at 155F.

IMG_5895.jpg

While this cooked I glazed it with a homemade apple chipotle jelly, mustard and lemon juice. I would have left it another half hour or so to crisp up the weave a bit more but I had a bunch of hungry mouths that had to be fed!

IMG_5896.jpg

Here is the money shot! The only thing that wasn`t good was the pictures! Next time I will make sure I do a better job. The food was outstanding!!! The stuffing, The glaze not a thing I would change about this!! Huge thanks to chilerelleno for posting!!!

Thanks for looking
Brian

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky