Can some one tell me whats happening?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I do that but it just puts the pic where ever it wants. In pic above, cursor was 10 lines below the text!

Are you referring to the flashing cursor or the one you can move around?

The photo will go wherever the flashing cursor is.

You have to be careful because if you move the cursor down below the last line of text and click it will put the flashing cursor directly above in the line of text. This might be what's happening. Be very aware of where the flashing cursor is before you click the "Image" button.

I have been putting the Flashing cursor where I want the pic to go. Its just acting wierd for some reason. Like the man once said "This ain't my first rodeo" :biggrin:

Maybe this will help
c35d46b9_image.jpg

I have been putting the Flashing cursor where I want the pic to go. Its just acting wierd for some reason. Like the man once said "This ain't my first rodeo" :biggrin:

You can hit enter all day long, but if your inside the source code of your image your text will skew around you image... Trust me, it ain't my first rodeo ;p

I know Y'all a re trying to help but, It's not me or how I'm doing it. It's either My computer (Can't even rule that out) or it's the site. I've posted many pics to this and other sites and not had this problem. Theres definately something weird going on!

Haha... I used the source code and it messed up... Make sure your test words are after the (spaces add so it doesn't read my code as code) -- if not, erase them, and place your cursor after the (end of the image code) (end of that paragraph, if your photo was smaller) and (start of a new paragraph)

Did I make it worse?

Haha... I used the source code and it messed up... Make sure your test words are after the (spaces add so it doesn't read my code as code) -- if not, erase them, and place your cursor after the (end of the image code) (end of that paragraph, if your photo was smaller) and (start of a new paragraph)

Did I make it worse?

:icon_eek:

I'm not useing a mobile device (Phone). Just my laptop. I'm loading pics from a hosting site (Photobucket). I pull up the pic and click the "Direct Link" which copies. Then go back to my post, select "Insert Image" and paste the link in the Url promt box and enter as directed, thats all.:icon_eek:

Last edited:
Have you tried just copying the URL from the web - address bar and pasting it directly into the URL box in the "insert image" dialogue box?

Either way, once you get your image "submitted" and your back in the posting window click on "source" as indicated in the above screen shot. Find this piece of code (spaced added so this post doesn't "read" the code I enter)

a>

Put your cursor behind the (there may be other codes strung together, if so put your cursor between the two tags: " a> CURSOR HERE ), then hit once more (now a will appear) type one word and then click Source button again to take you back to the normal posting screen. The word you typed should now be below you image and you can continue editing your post.

I'd guess the way photobucket copies via the direct link function doesn't grab a piece of code or "tag" needed (or recognized by SMF post HTML coding) causing the issue your running into.

Last edited:
When I post a pic to my post it ends up in the middle of my text even if I enter down multiple lines.

This is what happe ns.
I think I know.....  To correct it, before "insert image, hit return twice....  insert image....  hit return twice....   Then to move the image, click on it to highlight, then click on align left, right, center or justify......   You are ready to go now.....   Dave

Last edited:
This might be a dumb answer but hit the insert key on your laptop to turn it off. I sometimes go to edit some things and if my insert key has been hit by accident it will change letters in the word instead of removing them and replaceing them... Just a thought

Reactions: smokeusum
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky